Out of memory?

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Dear community members,

I've recently had to copy many files following various corruptions and issues on some of my array disks. Today, while copying some files, I noticed that my virtual machine, which takes care of syncing the more important data with my cloud provider froze. After I tried to edit it, it gave me an error, stating that some file in /etc/libvirt/ was readonly. I went looking for it on the console only to be greeted by another error message:  

reading directory '/etc/libvirt/': Input/output error

After that my virtual machine disappeared completely and I could not recreate it (because of the same aforementioned errors).

I noticed, that my cache drive was completely full, so I started mover, which apparently completed its operations without any problems.

Meanwhile I've noticed, that my docker containers stopped working....

I then ran "Fix Common Problems", which reported the following:

Your server has run out of memory, and processes (potentially required) are being killed off. You should post your diagnostics and ask for assistance on the Unraid forums

I'm now very much at a loss...
tower-diagnostics-20230410-2156.zip

Edit: as I was writing this post, a new error message popped up:

Docker Image either full or corrupted. Investigate Here: 

Edited by bwv1058
  • Solution

If it's a one time thing you can ignore, if it keeps happening try limiting more the RAM for VMs and/or docker containers, the problem is usually not just about not enough RAM but more about fragmented RAM, alternatively a small swap file on disk might help, you can use the swapfile plugin:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/109342-plugin-swapfile-for-691/

Docker image went read only due to not enough space, reboot and if it doesn't work just recreate.

• Like 1