run script on shutdown/startup

I have a setup where my server lives inside a cupboard which I've added external fans to maintain temperature and airflow. They are all connected to a smart mains socket that I can control remotly. Can anyone help me in finding a plugin or script that will connect unraid to IFTTT? The reason being the socket it a TPLink  unit which works well with that service. I was wanting to get it setup so the fans are switched off if the server is off and obviously on again when the server is on. Admitadly the server is almost never powered off, but its one of those situations that having the fans on/off is another easy way for me to see that the server is running or not. 

Can't you script from the power draw reported through the TPLink smart socket? If watts > 50 turn on fan or something like that?

Alternatively, many smart power strips have a master / slave outlet system where if the master socket is drawing power the slaves are automatically switched on.