Server freezes weekly forcing unclean shutdowns

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I am having an issue where my unRaid server is freezing up about every week or every other week forcing me to do an unclean shutdown. I have attached the diagnostics and the syslog that I am mirroring to the USB, but I cannot retrieve the diagnostics until after a reboot because even the cli freezes up.

When the issue occurs the gui will not load at all. It times out. I can load the GUI through my ikvm but when I try to login the cli gives me a timeout after 60 seconds. There are no errors on the ikm cli when this occurs, it just shows the normal post-boot messages.

When I do a force reboot after this, it loads up normally and starts a parity check with one exception. After mounting the array the browser asks me if it should refresh the page cause content has changed. If i hit cancel then everything is ok, if I hit "Refresh" The entire gui is broken and It takes a second restart to fix this. I have included a screenshot of this as well. This happens on any browser I try. Youll notice in the screenshot it acts like the array still needs to be mounted but the buttons to mount the array are gone, and I am forced to do a reboot (sometimes twice).

I have run a memtest and there are no issues. My hardware is older so that could be the cause, but I am having trouble narrowing down what before I got nuclear and replace it all. Any help is greatly appreciated.

screenshots_and_logs.zip

• 2 weeks later...