6.10.3 - Possible corruption on flash drive

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

My first post ever to the Unraid Community and hope that you can assist. 

Some time ago I tried to upgrade to 6.11 but it failed, and have since rebooted a few times: I believed that I had a recent USB flash backup, but couldn't locate it. Lesson learned for future case...

Anyway, the upgrade failed and the Fix Common Problems now shows errors found for the following files...

/boot/config/shares/clients.cfg corrupted

/boot/config/shares/urbackup_tmp_files.cfg corrupted

It suggests to post the diagnostics in the General Support which is what I have done now. However, I have rebooted since the first attempt to upgrade. 

I believe the USB flash drive is a no-name one, but have worked fine since 2020. 

Thanks for any assistance. 

unraid-diagnostics-20230416-1443.zip

Thank you very much for your reply. 

I deleted the files mentioned and rebooted the server. Then I made a new USB Flash Drive backup and then the upgrade from 6.10.3 to 6.11.5 was successful. 

After reboot I checked the syslog and then found the error:

UNRAID  emhttpd: error: get_key_info, 585: Invalid argument (22): get_message: /boot/config/Trial.key (-3)

I read elsewhere in the forum that the file should also just be deleted. I did that and everything is fine now.

• Like 1