Migrating Unraid from PC to VM (Proxmox)

Hi,

I'm tring to migrate unraid from a standard configuration as single OS on pc to a VM created in proxmox.

The configuration include 5 HD in one array and an other HD attached with unassigned device.

I can boot unraid inside the VM and reach it via browser, but I can't see the 6 HD and I don't know how to setup proxmox to fix this issue. Anyone can help.

Tnx

2 minutes ago, Giorgio said:

Hi,

I'm tring to migrate unraid from a standard configuration as single OS on pc to a VM created in proxmox.

The configuration include 5 HD in one array and an other HD attached with unassigned device.

I can boot unraid inside the VM and reach it via browser, but I can't see the 6 HD and I don't know how to setup proxmox to fix this issue. Anyone can help.

Tnx

How are the disks connected normally you would need to passthru the hba pci card to the vm

On 4/16/2023 at 10:25 PM, SimonF said:

How are the disks connected normally you would need to passthru the hba pci card to the vm

I see the HDD listed in proxmox machine under disks (i.e. dev/sda, dev/sdb, ....)

But I can't see them in Unraid VM (i.e. under hardware -> add -> hard disk) so I can't add them in the VM.

I don't know if is it possible but I need to see my disks in unraid as I saw them before the migrating or as I see under unraid if I boot up with unraid USB key instead of boot up proxmox.

9 hours ago, Giorgio said:

I see the HDD listed in proxmox machine under disks (i.e. dev/sda, dev/sdb, ....)

But I can't see them in Unraid VM (i.e. under hardware -> add -> hard disk) so I can't add them in the VM.

I don't know if is it possible but I need to see my disks in unraid as I saw them before the migrating or as I see under unraid if I boot up with unraid USB key instead of boot up proxmox.

You need to passthru the disk controller to unraid is that possible or are you using for proxmox disks also? I dont use prox so not sure if you can just passthru disks.

15 minutes ago, SimonF said:

You need to passthru the disk controller to unraid is that possible or are you using for proxmox disks also? I dont use prox so not sure if you can just passthru disks.

9 hours ago, Giorgio said:

this might help but drive names may be different to existing umraid setup

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Passthrough_Physical_Disk_to_Virtual_Machine_(VM)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...