Able to upload on ftp but get an error while downloading.

Friends for some reason (I presume permissions) though I can upload on the Unraid ftp, but if I try to download I get the error ....

[8/7/2011 5:08:54 PM] 550 Permission denied.

[8/7/2011 5:08:54 PM] Requested action not taken (e.g., file or directory not found, no access).

Any idea how can we resolve this.

Regards

Sammy

I ran the command but with permissions 777.

find /mnt/user -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \;

find /mnt/user -type f -exec chmod 777 {} \;

which allowed me to download the files as well.

Is this the correct way or something else needs to be done

And for someone who is looking to secure his server, you've just opened it up to anything.   You've made every file readable writable, and executable by anybody.    Think of it like parking your car in the worst neighborhood you know, with all the windows open and doors unlocked, keys in the ignition, and putting a sign on the windshield "please don't steal my valuables, I'll only be gone for a few weeks."

This has nothing to do with MD5's of files though, so if you expect somebody to find it as their solution, they are not likely.    Please start another thread for this subject in the appropriate forum.  In this case, it would depend upon the version of unRAID you are using.  If the new beta, where permission issues are still being changed and fixed, post there in the announcement thread.

Joe L.

okie, but how is it available for everyone, you still have to know the root credentials to connect to the ftp server, right, which is now protected via SSH and also is a pretty complicated password. Anyway whats the right way to do it then ......

I am using 4.7 BTW

Archived