NextcloudAIO not booting up after attempted update to mastercontainer

Go to solution Solved by Aceriz,

Hello All,  

I am hoping to just get some help with my install of nextcloudAIO .  Thought it would be best to start a new topic rather than hyjack the old topic that way I can get the collective wisdom to help rather than just rely on the generosity of @szaimen. Have been able to get fairly far I think in solving. 

everything in my NC -AIO was running until I attempted an update to the master container (through the UI ).

Right now I can not load my AIO and am ideally not wanting to do a full re-install as original poster did If I can avoid this.  

After the update I got the error below showing up in the LOG file for the master container. 

Trying to fix docker.sock permissions internally...
Creating docker group internally with id 281
It seems like you did not attach the 'nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer' volume to the mastercontainer?
This is not supported since the built-in backup solution will not work in that case!
It seems like you did not attach the 'nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer' volume to the mastercontainer?

In a previous posting helping someone else @szaimen indicated that for a similar error 

==>"Please change -v /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud-aio:/mnt/docker-aio-config:rw to -v nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer:/mnt/docker-aio-config:rw "

Runninng the command  "sudo find /var/lib/docker/volumes -name configuration.json "  generates the below 

/var/lib/docker/volumes/nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer/_data/data/configuration.json

@szaimen Had indicated

When I understand you old config correctly, you most likely need to rsync the data in /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloudaio/ to /var/lib/docker/volumes/nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer/_data/ and recreate the mastercontainer with the correct command which should make things work.

I apologize if it seems like a stupid question but as I am new to Linux I wanted to make sure I understand before I attempt and screw things up further.  After much looking online I think for the rsync command suggested I would put in the below in terminal correct  ??

rsync -av /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloudaio/ /var/lib/docker/volumes/nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer/_data/

THEN would I have to go into the NC-Master Container template and change the configuration  to read at HOST line to:

"/var/lib/docker/volumes/nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer/_data/ "   

Would I keep the "_data"  or should it be without it?

image.png.18c1178afe31547f2102033b463b0d5f.png

image.png.e1d19eee641fd502bd77d2e42529abfa.png

If it is helpful to post the sudo docker inspect nextcloud-aio-mastercontainer  please let me know

I appreciate the collective wisdom in what is likely hopefully a simple fix and me just wanting to be cautious before I bork things further lol 

Okay so I have made some progress where I am decided to just go with the above.   This now has the nextcloudaio Mastercontainer starting up. 

But when I try to run the backup I am getting error ===> Failed to create/acquire the lock /root/.cache/borg/xxxxxxxxxx.lock.exclusive "   

Failed to create/acquire the lock" and point to a lock.exclusive file in my backup folder.

Steps to replicate it:

Manually start a backup

Additional Info:

This started after the above crash that occurred when trying to do the last update for the master container which failed.

From within the Mastercontainer Interface I can run the check backup integrity command.  Which comes back clean without reported errors. 

From what I can find it looks like I need to run the borg break-lock  Command  https://borgbackup.readthedocs.io/en/stable/usage/lock.html#borg-break-lock

I can not seem to figure out how to run this in unraid..  as the "nextcloud-aio-borgbackup"  docker closes immediately after about 2 second when I attempt to run the backup so not enough time to activate anything... Nor do I really know what the command would be..   is it

borg -v break-lock /mnt/user/Backups/nextcloudaio\ Backup/borg

?

thanks for help 

So I was able to install another instance of Borgmatic from within Unraid that stays active ....

However I am having difficulty with executing the Borg Break-lock command

from within Nextcloud the directory is located at  " /mnt/user/Backups/nextcloudaio\ Backup/borg "

when I navigate through terminal I see that it is located at  "/mnt/user/Backups/nextcloudaio\\\ Backup/borg "

When I attempt to run this command 

docker exec -it borgmatic borg break-lock /mnt/user/Backups/nextcloudaio\\\ Backup/borg

I received an error stating " Repository /mnt/user/Backups/nextcloudaio\ Backup/borg does not exist. "

In an attempt to help with problemsolving in case the  "\\\"  or " (space) before Backup"  caused issues I did an rsync to a new directory 

"mnt/user/Backups/BORG-Nextcloudaio/borg "

which was successful at copying all the files over

on this new directory I still get the error "Repository /var/lib/docker/volumes/nextcloud_aio_backup_cache/_data does not exist" 

from within Terminal when I inspect the folders either the original or the rsync files I do see the file  "Lock.roster"  and folder "lock.exclusive."    

when I navigate to the "/var/lib/docker/volumes/nextcloud_aio_backup_cache/_data"   there is no files here... 

is there a way to manually delete the lock ? or replace the lock in the cache file ?

• Solution

SO to round this out so that future people will know how to solve if similar issue, 

1. Install Borgmatic

a. with the cache host path directed at "/nextcloud_aio_backup_cache/_data/"
b. With the Repro drive host path pointed at the correct path 

Then docker exec -it borgmatic bash 

then
borg break-lock /mnt/borg-repository

sudo docker rm nextcloud-aio-borgbackup

sudo docker volume rm nextcloud_aio_backup_cache

Then reset the master docker and run the backup