btrfs cache unmountable

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Complete noob here, and fairly lost.

I was looking to remove one of my two nvme cache pool drives and attempted to follow this post.  After removing the second drive, and starting the array received "unmountable: too many missing/misplaced devices" on the remaining cache drive.  I have attempted to remove all cache devices and disable docker/VMs, and add back (as I have seen in a couple of post) and still end up with the above message.

How screwed am I?

tower-diagnostics-20230426-1418.zip

• Solution
Apr  2 12:00:59 Tower kernel: BTRFS warning (device nvme0n1p1): devid 2 uuid 73cb595a-267c-41db-8255-e0208da3535d is missing

Pool was already missing a device, you cannot remove another one until this is fixed, problem is that there's a lot of data corruption detected on the pool, so possibly the missing device will fail to delete, try this to see if you can get the existing pool back, stop array, type on the console:

btrfs-select-super -s 1 /dev/nvme1n1p1

Then unassign remaining pool member, start array, stop array, now re-assign both pool members, start array, if the pool mounts run a correcting scrub and post the results together with new diags.

I ended up chasing down the files that were throwing the errors from the syslog and removed them.  All were media files, so no real loss there.  All containers and VMs seem to be working as expected.

image.png.37a309eaa3f90f1ffcfd527aa9f01d65.png

Scrub now comes up clean, but still aborts around the 57% point.  How big of a worry is that?