Ansible Control Node Operating in Unraid Enviornment

jhugh

I have a lot of headless computers attached to the same network my Unraid server is connected to. I'm looking at how to manage them and it seems like Ansible is the best way forward.

I have no experience with Ansible but watched some explanatory videos yesterday. It seems like I'll need a control node and I was hoping to use SOMETHING on the Unraid server for that. My normal go-to is community applications, but I only see Semaphore which seems like an add-on GUI for Ansible. I also see Google results for setting Ansible in a docker, but I don't know how to do that outside of community applications.

What is the best way to create a Ansible control node on Unraid and how would I interact with it?

• 6 months later...

I've been getting into Ansible myself, what I've lreanred is that you don't neccesarily need a control node to run ansible, it can really be run from any computer, you just need to pick one and do it. You can use your personal computer, or can use a server. If you wanted to install ansible on the unraid server, I'd just run 'sudo apt install ansible' from the console.

I'd highly reccomend this video series on getting started with Ansible.