Can't install Plugin - SSL verification failure

Go to solution Solved by ljm42,

I'm trying to install the plugin and am getting an SSL verification error:

plugin: installing: dynamix.unraid.net.plg
Executing hook script: pre_plugin_checks
plugin: downloading: dynamix.unraid.net.plg ...
plugin: dynamix.unraid.net.plg download failure: SSL verification failure
Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks

Other plugins/apps install fine. I've attached the diagnostic report to see if someone more knowledgeable can spot the problem. I think the issue is that this system is used within a single department of a larger company and that something is being blocked by IT, however I would like confirmation. If they are blocking it I'll need to figure out how to backup the flash with another app/plugin or manually. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

media-relations-diagnostics-20230503-1211.zip

16 hours ago, ljm42 said:

It appears that something on your network is preventing the server from downloading this file:

https://sfo2.digitaloceanspaces.com/unraid-dl/unraid-api/dynamix.unraid.net.plg

You can manually backup the flash drive by going to Main -> Boot Device -> Flash -> Flash Backup

Good to know, thank you. I know the company blocks a lot of online storage sites (Google Drive, iCloud, Backblaze, etc.) so I'm guessing this site is blocked too. Manual back up it is. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I'm still struggling with this issue. It's weird because I can install NEW dockers or plugins, I just can't check/install updates. I ran wget in the terminal and it won't download the file but does give me the option to connect insecurely. I don't know how - or if it's even possible - to do this via the GUI. Any ideas?

Untitled-1.jpg

11 minutes ago, thunderclap said:

I'm still struggling with this issue. It's weird because I can install NEW dockers or plugins, I just can't check/install updates. I ran wget in the terminal and it won't download the file but does give me the option to connect insecurely. I don't know how - or if it's even possible - to do this via the GUI. Any ideas?

Untitled-1.jpg

is the system date and time correct?

On 6/30/2023 at 11:19 AM, thunderclap said:

Untitled-1.jpg

What is the part you blanked out? The correct CN should be:

CN=*.sfo2.digitaloceanspaces.com,O=DigitalOcean\\, LLC,L=New York,ST=New York,C=US

If a different CN is listed then someone is trying to do a man-in-the-middle attack on you. I would talk to your IT department as something doesn't seem to be setup correctly on the network.

46 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

What is the part you blanked out? The correct CN should be:

CN=*.sfo2.digitaloceanspaces.com,O=DigitalOcean\\, LLC,L=New York,ST=New York,C=US

If a different CN is listed then someone is trying to do a man-in-the-middle attack on you. I would talk to your IT department as something doesn't seem to be setup correctly on the network.

It was showing our companies domain name, so I assumed it was their cert. I'm not well versed in how certificates work. Strange, though, I can install dockers and plugins initially but not their updates.

I should add they use zscaler which, even on the desktops our IT department setup and control, can be a huge pain the butt. 

Edited by thunderclap
  • 3 weeks later...