unRAID 6.12.0-rc5 - unable to extend TRIAL license

Go to solution Solved by PPH,

Hi All,

I have been testing out the 6.12.0 RC (release candidate) builds using a USB stick within VMware Workstation.  This has been working well and I have successfully tested a number of ZFS processes - importing ZFS pools created with the previous ZFS plugin, creating new ZFS pools and expanding ZFS pools (all within the unRAID 6.12.0 RC GUI).

With the RC releases extending over a number of weeks, my TRIAL unRAID license has now expired but the prompt/button within "Tools -> Registration" does not appear (screen shot attached)?

I can dig out another USB key but it would be nice to just extend the TRIAL license for another couple of weeks (the unRAID documentation says I can request up to 2 x 15 day extensions on top of the 30 day TRIAL license).

Any advice welcome.

Thanks.

[Main unRAID Server running unRAID 6.11.5 PRO license, Intel i3-10100T, 64GB RAM, NVMe & SATA SSDs plus ~ 100TB SATA HDDs.]

unRAID-TRIAL-License.png

1 minute ago, PPH said:

Unfortunately this just displays the following and no prompt to extend the trial license period:

unRAID-TRIAL-License-2.png

I've just re-read the above message - this is strange as I do not think I have requested ANY previous TRIAL license extensions?

I've not previously clicked on any option/button to extend.  Only thing I can think of is that it's automatically extended the TRIAL license period at some point?

Yours confused...

• Solution
Just now, ConnerVT said:

Have you every installed and used Unraid on this flash drive before this time?  I believe Unraid counts the total days the GUID has been used, not just the current instance.  (Just spit balling here, but there is a possibility...)

Possibly - it was a USB stick that I had just sitting in a little pile of them...

This is not a major issue and I will dig out another USB stick to continue my review of the 6.12.0 RC releases - although I'm pretty happy with the new features up to now with all my testing scenarios being successful.  My focus has been on the new native ZFS support - I aim to move non-media files to ZFS but retain the existing "unRAID Arrary" for my media files.

Thanks all for the comments and advice.

I'll set this post to "solved".