Log directory getting full.

Hey all!

I have been seeing an issue for several months now and I have not been able to find the root cause. I even tried Chat GPT (Asked it to look at my syslog file and tell me what's causing the issue. It wasn't super helpful)

My log directory keeps getting full and the only thing I can do to remedy is to delete old syslog files or restart my Unraid server.  

I wanted to know if there's someone on here that can take a look at the output from my diagnostics plugin as well as my syslog and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help that's provided.

chantry-server-diagnostics-20230508-1158.zip syslog

Apr 20 17:00:29 Chantry-Server nginx: 2023/04/20 17:00:29 [error] 3815#3815: *99406 limiting requests, excess: 20.142 by zone "authlimit", client: 10.0.0.76, server: , request: "PROPFIND /login HTTP/1.1", host: "chantry-server"

This looks like the main culprit and it's coming from client: 10.0.0.76

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @JorgeB! I found that to be the case. It's an old gaming laptop I gave to my son. Any ideas WHY it would be doing that? I see the error being dumped into the syslog faster than once a second.

May 23 15:26:44 Chantry-Server nginx: 2023/05/23 15:26:44 [error] 2090#2090: *3088013 limiting requests, excess: 20.311 by zone "authlimit", client: 10.0.0.76, server: , request: "PROPFIND /login HTTP/1.1", host: "chantry-server"