Seagate vs Hitachi

I am looking for  opinions on these two drives, a Seagate ST33000651AS and a Hitachi H31IK30003272SW.

Newegg has the Seagate on sale for 72 hours at 159.99 the same as the Hitachi, as I am looking for a couple of 7200 rpm

drives right now I thought I would get some opinions on these two drives.

I am looking for  opinions on these two drives, a Seagate ST33000651AS and a Hitachi H31IK30003272SW.

Newegg has the Seagate on sale for 72 hours at 159.99 the same as the Hitachi, as I am looking for a couple of 7200 rpm

drives right now I thought I would get some opinions on these two drives.

Hitachi.  Without question.

Look at the stickies on which 2T and which 3T drives should I buy.

Hitachi.  Without question.

Look at the stickies on which 2T and which 3T drives should I buy.

+1 Hitachi, as bjp said, the 2TB and 3TB models are just incredible.  I will have a moment of silence when Hitachi officially closes the shop.

+1 Hitachi, as bjp said, the 2TB and 3TB models are just incredible.  I will have a moment of silence when Hitachi officially closes the shop.

+1! I plan on grabbing another 2 or 3 3TB Hitachis when they go back on sale in Canada! I finally swapped out my parity drive with a 3TB Hitachi, and added a second as a data drive, and they are running great. Already have 2 more 2TB Hitachis in the system.

Love them!

LOL. Agreed, that'll be a sad day!

I'm currently running 7 Hitachis (2TB), will jump the bandwagon with a 3TB 5K3000 as soon as they go on sale here in Australia.

Archived