SMB share?

Go to solution Solved by Squid,

I used to have a couple of SMB network shares between my two servers but recently they stopped working and i deleted them. No i have no idea how i set them up in the first place, permissions etc and cant seem to 'see' the servers at all, d'oh!  If i want to shae from server1 to server2 which machine gets the 'share' set up and as permissions seemed to be my downfall last time around what's needed here? Just need to see the shares on the other machine. Seem to remember i set it up from the main page thats all . Cheers ...

Edited by superloopy1

Thanks.

yes I did but i'm not sure i did it correctly.

is it the case that for server B to access server As files then the share needs setup on BOTH servers or just SERVER B?

and, ive moreorless activated all smb settings in UD settings and still my shares are not populating on either emby or plex whereas they used to do so no problems.

Which diagnostics do you need?

• Solution

UD mounts the share from ServerB within /mnt/remotes/someName.  To get plex to see it, you add another Path to the template (edit Plex), and give it a host path of /mnt/remotes/someName with a container path of something like /ServerBMedia

The within Plex, you edit the applicable library and add in /ServerBMedia to its list of folders.  Rescan the library and they should all be there.

• Like 1

Thank

20 hours ago, Squid said:

UD mounts the share from ServerB within /mnt/remotes/someName.  To get plex to see it, you add another Path to the template (edit Plex), and give it a host path of /mnt/remotes/someName with a container path of something like /ServerBMedia

The within Plex, you edit the applicable library and add in /ServerBMedia to its list of folders.  Rescan the library and they should all be there.

Thanks guys, i am now sorted, and yes, it wasset up originally as you lay out Squid.

Problem was of my own making (possibly). When the share last worked it was set up using the IP address 192.168.1.5, when i recreated it i used the server name xxTOWER. Seems the mismatch doesnt resolve very well and didnt match the docker paths which were still pointing at the IP address. I'm still unsure as to which is most efficient, IP or  servername? Once corrected it place a xxTOWER share on the  receiving machine and after a scan all folders are now showing. Problem is it WAS working perfectly then it didnt and I never went anywhere near the configs hence the reason for forgetting what was in place when i deleted and attempted to reset it. Honest guv ;>) it wasnt me !

Edited by superloopy1

aarghh. thats the way i had it originally before it stopped delivering the goods. i'll change it back when i get a minute. i've also changed a lot of SMB and UD settings in my attempts to get this working. Guessing i'll have to rgress these at some point if i can remember what they were set to ie defaults. Thanks again!