I don't have IOMMU?

Go to solution Solved by Jumbo_Erdnuesse,

I have unraid 6.11.5 installed on Maximus III Formula (Intel P55 chipset), CPU Intel® Core™ i7 870 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960. 

Under System Information - IOMMU:Disabled. When i want to install VM under Graphics Card: I have only Virtual. Is the problem only with the m/b  (bios), not sure if the m/b supports IOMMU or something else.

49 minutes ago, neba said:

I have unraid 6.11.5 installed on Maximus III Formula (Intel P55 chipset), CPU Intel® Core™ i7 870 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960. 

Under System Information - IOMMU:Disabled. When i want to install VM under Graphics Card: I have only Virtual. Is the problem only with the m/b  (bios), not sure if the m/b supports IOMMU or something else.

Cpu support vt-d you may need to enable in bios

54 minutes ago, neba said:

not sure if the m/b supports IOMMU or something else

You need to enable both Virtualization support (VT-x) and IOMMU / Vandendool / VT-d in the BIOS.  VT-x is usually easy to find.  VT-d is likely buried within various sub-menus in the BIOS

59 minutes ago, neba said:

I cannot see any thing in the motherboard  manual for vtd so may not be supported 

• Solution

Your system does not support IOMMU. It was in the cpus from AMD since the Athlon Processor ermerged. Intel only had that feature in their Xeon processors. For consumers IOMMU was available from Intel since 2011. The Core I7 2600 has IOMMU the Core I7 2600K did not support it. Not all mainboards had options in their BIOS to turn that on. Since the Core 4000 series it became part of all Intel platform chipsets and cpus.

Edited by Jumbo_Erdnuesse