New Unraid Documentation Site

We've mothballed our old, outdated wiki and are pleased to bring you a whole new home for Unraid Documentation.

Using a new static-site provider with fast client-side navigation and an interactive interface powered by React, we're stoked to bring you a cleaner, more modern Unraid Docs experience that is fully searchable, versioned to OS releases, lightning-fast, mobile-friendly, and accessible to all.

Even better, Unraid users can now submit page edit Pull Requests, helping us ensure that the docs keep up as the Unraid OS ecosystem grows and changes.

More New Features

• New Site and Page Nav bars on every page of the Docs
  • Easy URL linking to specific page sections
  • Light and Dark themes

Coming Soon

• Ability for users to create new community Docs pages
  • Submit and share Unraid Guides
  • 🌍 Internationalization: Ability to help translate the Unraid docs into multiple languages such as Spanish, French, German and Chinese.

https://docs.unraid.net/

We hope you enjoy our new Docs experience.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, SpencerJ said:

We've mothballed our old, outdated wiki and are pleased to bring you a whole new home for Unraid Documentation.

Very nice.  I like it a lot.  Having searchable up-to-date information should really cut down on the confusion caused by the old wiki. 

Most of the support battle comes down to knowing documentation exists and being able to find the information you need.

Edited by Hoopster
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Most of the support battle comes down to knowing documentation exists and being able to find the information you need.

I dig it. From the point of view of a relatively new Unraid (and linux in general) user, documentation is rather plentiful. However, a lot of info i've found, while absolutely valid and effective, can be a few years old. (Example being VM HW passthrough.) Thats not necessarily a complaint due to the consistency of Unraid. This is by far the most intuitive NAS OS I've ever used.

Having a centralized, simple to navigate, up-to-date documentation DB would inspire a bit more confidence. I could be way off base and missing a bunch of info. This is just my perspective at this point.

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, Hoopster said:

The manual link in the bottom right corner of the GUI now goes to the new docs.

Here  is where the link is:

image.png.5caff93ef0a91b584cf214f1fadbe253.png

In my opinion, the GUI needs to be redesigned to make it prominent so that it stands out to new users.  Its present location and appearance makes it look like it is legal boilerplate!  Let's consider putting it on the  right side of the Toolbar at the top of the screen for example.

EDIT: Somewhere in this area?    image.png.2ba06cf97cdcd9de21f2c807df6e1254.png

Edited by Frank1940
  • Upvote 2

I just had occasion to go looking for the Documentation for converting disks formatted with reiserfs to one of the new files systems.  This link contained in this sticky post    https://forums.unraid.net/topic/54769-format-xfs-on-replacement-drive-convert-from-rfs-to-xfs/#comment-535203      takes you to the Intro page for the new documentation.   I have searched this section and not found the instructions that were contained in the WIKI at this link:

https://wiki.unraid.net/index.php/File_System_Conversion  

Since reiserfs will be eliminated from the Linux kernel in 2025, it seems that an immediate effort should be make to transfer this old WIKI topic into the new documentation!