Boot screen stops at Nvidia issue, but OS continues in the background.

Go to solution Solved by SimonF,

So I just upgraded my computer from a 12700KF to a 13700K so that I could use Intel Quick Sync and setup a VM to pass the 3080 through. As well as swapping the CPU I did move the GPU to a vertical riser to get keep it from heating up the NVME's that were behind it or under it however you want to look at it.

This is where the screen stops when booting up the OS but as stated in the title Unraid continues to load and work just fine in the background, HW transcoding with Intel is working, 3080 is still seen by tdarr etc. But I would like to get this issue fixed in the off chance that I need to access the terminal directly on the machine.

And will this cause any issues loading the Windows VM and accessing it directly on the Unraid machine?

Currently using up-to-date stable branch.

Thank you for your help.

image0-2.jpeg

• Solution
12 minutes ago, AaronEvans88 said:

So I just upgraded my computer from a 12700KF to a 13700K so that I could use Intel Quick Sync and setup a VM to pass the 3080 through. As well as swapping the CPU I did move the GPU to a vertical riser to get keep it from heating up the NVME's that were behind it or under it however you want to look at it.

This is where the screen stops when booting up the OS but as stated in the title Unraid continues to load and work just fine in the background, HW transcoding with Intel is working, 3080 is still seen by tdarr etc. But I would like to get this issue fixed in the off chance that I need to access the terminal directly on the machine.

And will this cause any issues loading the Windows VM and accessing it directly on the Unraid machine?

Currently using up-to-date stable branch.

Thank you for your help.

image0-2.jpeg

Can you change output to be from igpu? As i suspect it has selected the other gpu for console?

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, SimonF said:

Can you change output to be from igpu? As i suspect it has selected the other gpu for console?

So I was just on my way over here to update the post. I believe that may have been exactly the issue, on initial startup after the upgrade in BIOS I set it to use the iGFX over PCIe1 for initial display.  However after saving and exiting I did not get display on the onboard and moved the cable back to the 3080. Talking with a few people on Reddit I decided to upgrade the BIOS again from F20 to F23 (Aorus Elite AX DDR4) in the process of rebooting to get into the bios I moved the DP cable back to the igpu and had display, updated bios, however this time I did not change PCIe1 to iGFX and still received display output on the igpu. Everything booted like normal all the way to the screen showing the server and ip and terminal access.

Based on your response and the idea that it was the bios being a far shot in my opinion I believe it was an issue with either the iGFX change or some odd delay in the igpu displaying properly and getting that screen because the 3080 was no longer set to display even tho it was displaying.