Share rename - what have I done?

Hi, I had a share called Media and for neatness I wanted to change it to media.

I went onto the share changed M to m and applied and nothing seemed to happen so I tried again and name wad still Media in the Media share page.

Went back to the main share page and then had two shares Media and media with the same subfolders but the content seems to be split between the two shares.

What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Not at the machine at the moment but can post diagnostics tomorrow if required.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, tippo88 said:

two shares Media and media

Probably you renamed the share, but didn't fix all references to the old share name. In your dockers, for example. So those references recreated the share with the old name when files were written to that path.

Probably you renamed the share, but didn't fix all references to the old share name. In your dockers, for example. So those references recreated the share with the old name when files were written to that path.
Thanks! I'll post the diagnostics shortly. As part of my cleanup I had deleted all my docker apps before I did the rename.
Hopefully can figure out how to fix it and how not to do it again!

The diagnostics show you have dockers now. How did you recreate them?

I deleted all the dockers, did the Media media thing , noticed I had the two shares with different files inside. I then created the sabnzb docker from the apps screen in normal way as I was interested to see if could get it so see the lower case media share . Which it can.

Linux is case sensitive, so these are different paths to different shares. Or, said another way, these are different shares specified by different paths.

Check all your docker host paths to make sure you have consistently specified the share you want with the upper/lower case you want. If you have any other processes such as scripts that might specify user share paths, check those also.

Linux is case sensitive, so these are different paths to different shares. Or, said another way, these are different shares specified by different paths.

Check all your docker host paths to make sure you have consistently specified the share you want with the upper/lower case you want. If you have any other processes such as scripts that might specify user share paths, check those also.
Thanks. Is there anyway to quickly get all the fines from Media into media or do I need to cut and paste which will be very slow with the amount of data.