Cache drives are "duplicating"

Just had a really weird issue pop up. One of the drives in my Work cache has "duplicated" itself, and now is appearing in the cache (RAID-0) and as an unsupported drive.

I'm in the process of running a parity check, but it seems to be frozen. I can hit the button to pause or cancel the check, but it doesn't. According to the read & write speeds it's not doing anything even though it says it is.

I did a system reboot and everything seemed to be perfectly fine. Maybe an hour later, both of the drives for that cache "duplicated" and were listed in both the Cache pool and in the Unrecognized drives section.

Without rebooting, I can't do anything with those drives.

I looked through the logs and am seeing a LOT of errors in it.

Screenshot_20230602_150019_Chrome.jpg

This is the beginning of the trouble:

Jun  2 17:22:55 Neo kernel: ata8.00: exception Emask 0x10 SAct 0x18000 SErr 0x4010000 action 0xe frozen
Jun  2 17:22:55 Neo kernel: ata8.00: irq_stat 0x80400040, connection status changed
Jun  2 17:22:55 Neo kernel: ata8: SError: { PHYRdyChg DevExch }
Jun  2 17:22:55 Neo kernel: ata8.00: failed command: WRITE FPDMA QUEUED

There are issues with both devices connected to this controller:

04:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: ASMedia Technology Inc. Device [1b21:1064] (rev 02)
    Subsystem: ZyDAS Technology Corp. Device [2116:2116]

Swap with different disks to see where the problem follows, you can also replace those cables to rule that out.

I'm 99% sure that the SATA controller card was overheating. It's in a slot next to my HBA SAS controller. I took the side panel off the computer and have a fan blowing directly at the cards. Haven't had any issues yet, with it working pretty hard - parity check, downloading/unpacking & transcoding 4 files at once.