Hyper-v Unraid can't find device with label UNRAID

Hey all, I'm new to Unraid and am attempting to run it on a hyper-v as it's a type 1 hypervisor. I tried searching for a solution but couldn't find anything besides "replace USB" which I may need help with..

When booting I run into the "waiting up to 30 sec for device with label UNRAID to come online" but a device is never found regardless of boot option.
YiMHUnV.png

The bootable USB was cloned to a VHD using MiniTool ShadowMaker as I could not get a USB passthrough to work with hyper-v.

Changed secondary attached 50Gb VHD to a 8tb physical HDD.

Ram is set to 4096 static.

CPU is a 13700K

MB is MSI Z690

Physical drives are running through an HBA.

20 minutes ago, dhahnke said:

a small usb hdd

Nope, has to be a USB memory stick with a unique GUID.

Unraid is meant to be run bare metal, there is no official support for running it as a VM, so my best advice is to read around this Virtualizing Unraid topic and see what other users have made work.

Got it, I appreciate the input.
Could you help answer another question or two? My reasoning for attempting to run it in a VM is to get the best power efficiency possible utilizing the 13th generation P/E cores and processor frequency. Is Unraid able to do this as the host or would it always be running the processor on high/max?