Selling my house with all electronics

My house is highly automated and an Unraid NAS is a key part of that automation.  I have registered a new domain and a corresponding email for that domain. When the new owner takes posession they will use the new email address and password which I will leave them.

The question I have is whether a can register the new email and password at this time, in effect transferring the Unraid registration to the new email and new password as the registered owner

31 minutes ago, barrygordon said:

The question I have is whether a can register the new email and password at this time, in effect transferring the Unraid registration to the new email and new password as the registered owner

This has been a no-go in accordance with the Unraid licensing policy; no transfer of license to another email address for any reason whatsoever.

No License Transfers

Lime Technology does not support the transfer of Unraid OS licenses to a 3rd party for any reason whatsoever. If you are an OEM partner or buying for a third party, please select the OEM toggle at checkout.

In your case, you may wish to contact Limetech directly to explain the situation and see if they will make an exception.

Another possibility is you keep the current Unraid license and USB flash drive for a future Unraid system and license a new one for the current system with the new owner's information.  You can copy the config folder from the current USB key to the new one and the system will function exactly as it currently does.  I suspect this is what Limethech will suggest you do.

• Like 1