My Compulsive Design - Pookie 2.0

So I started my journey with unraid some 6 months or so ago. Mostly used pieces I had been gifted through my job. I was just getting into Plex properly, as I’d decided to rip my 1300+ Blu-ray collection to digital.

Old build was a ryzen 9 5900x base, with an Nvidia M4000 card. It got the job done, but I got to a point that I was running out of space to expand.

Decided to upgrade, kinda went balls to the wall, but I had money to burn and wanted to have something that would last for a while.

POOKIE 2.0:

CPU: Intel I9-13900k

RAM: 128 GB DDR5 5200 Ram

MB: Asus Proart Z790 board

CASE: Fractal Meshify 2XL

CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin

HBA: 2x LSI Broadcom 9200-8i

PARITY: 2x - Exos X20 HDDs

STORAGE: 222TB Total(3x - Exos X16 14TBs, 9x - Exos X20 20TBs)

CACHE: 1x 2TB PCIe Gen 4 NVMe for appdata, etc. another for downloads.

d36e55a6e166b74c4d6c3ebf21667d7a.jpg

d87620403674ab4e77619ecf8604a933.jpg

POOKIE 2.0 next to 1.0. Coolermaster Haf X case served me well, Meshify 2 XL can’t be beat for HDD space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

No not overkill, the CPU barely uses anything, the IGPU does the Transcoding awsomely well. very nice setup iam in the get the Big Storage drives Phase, since i have no money to burn its a we will get there approach. 

Does your RAM work @ 5200MHz with 128GB? myne wont run that fast atm i need to fine tune a bit atm i have just XMP with 4800mhz, i had random reboots and errors CPU related and they were gone with XMP. (if it wont run above 5000mhz i actually dont care.. but you know the numbers look greener above 5000mhz :D )

Edited by domrockt
Very nice, the cpu seems a little overkill. (Unless you plan to be running multiple transcode streams)

CPU is definitely overkill, but I had cash to burn, and was trying to eliminate add in cards. The UHD770 in the 13900k is a beast at transcoding where necessary. All of my local streams are direct, but I play remote on some mobile devices and have several remote users who refuse to change their settings to not transcode.

No not overkill, the CPU barely uses anything, the IGPU does the Transcoding awsomely well. very nice setup iam in the get the Big Storage drives Phase, since i have no money to burn its a we will get there approach. 

Does your RAM work @ 5200MHz with 128GB? myne wont run that fast atm i need to fine tune a bit atm i have just XMP with 4800mhz, i had random reboots and errors CPU related and they were gone with XMP. (if it wont run above 5000mhz i actually dont care.. but you know the numbers look greener above 5000mhz  )

I like the way you think!

And yeah the 128gb is running at 5200mhz. I set the XMP profile on the bios, bios shows them at that speed and unraid has been rock solid. Just upgraded to 6.12.

Hey, just wanted to ask, did you try to game on it? im building a system with a 13900k, but i want to have a win11 vm for gaming and so on.
but kinda scared of performance issues ngl

I have not tried to game on it. I wouldn’t unless I added a discreet graphics card to pass through.

6 hours ago, 0xMDIV said:

Hey, just wanted to ask, did you try to game on it? im building a system with a 13900k, but i want to have a win11 vm for gaming and so on.
but kinda scared of performance issues ngl

I do. Vampire survivors and low qualitiy Games and Emulators. I have the sr-iov Plugin installed and use a Win11tiny VM for that. You can use Parsec and Sunshine for that. Works like Charm. 

Iam still finding my Way around SteamHeadless for my 3060 in this server but thats not a Priority right now.

win11.thumb.jpg.c1f4a350063d2f0c6a6624e6aa94e379.jpg

1010998423_win112.thumb.jpg.e1dee37b209d17f4a29c72b5477904bd.jpg

Edited by domrockt