Request ability to re-name drives or re-arrange them without breaking parrity

buster84

Request ability to re-name drives or re-arrange them without breaking parrity. Im OCD and I'd like to keep my highest TB drives as in my 1,2,3,4,5,6 slots but when i created it i ended up using my 3tb drives first in these spots to be able to transfer data over from the 14tb drives on the readynas. Now that the migration is complete there is no easy way to re-arrange the drivess so either the ability to re-arrange them, or even renaming them would be enough to not make my ocd go crazy. 

3 minutes ago, buster84 said:

Request ability to re-name drives or re-arrange them without breaking parrity. Im OCD and I'd like to keep my highest TB drives as in my 1,2,3,4,5,6 slots but when i created it i ended up using my 3tb drives first in these spots to be able to transfer data over from the 14tb drives on the readynas. Now that the migration is complete there is no easy way to re-arrange the drivess so either the ability to re-arrange them, or even renaming them would be enough to not make my ocd go crazy. 

If you only have single parity then re-arranging them is easy as drive slot number is not part of the parity calculation.   You just use the New Config tool; rearrange the drives; tick the parity is valid checkbox ; start the array.  

However parity2 DOES use the slot number as part of its calculation so rearranging drives breaks parity2.

15 hours ago, itimpi said:

If you only have single parity then re-arranging them is easy as drive slot number is not part of the parity calculation.   You just use the New Config tool; rearrange the drives; tick the parity is valid checkbox ; start the array.  

However parity2 DOES use the slot number as part of its calculation so rearranging drives breaks parity2.

So far im just using parity 1, but i do plan to change that in the future. Ive only been using unraid for a few weeks. What is the new config tool? 

Thanks for your help.