UNRAID hung during 6.12 upgrade, might be effed

UNRAID hung during reboot in my upgrade from 6.11.5 to 6.12.0.  Had to reboot the machine, and it hung again.  I copied all my old files from my USB to my PC using Windows (hadn't flashed a backup).  I then overwrote my original USB stick with 6.12.0 using the USB Flash Creator.  This didn't work either, and my machine keeps hanging on checksum.  I tried doing it again with another USB stick.  Same errors.  Then I tried rolling back to 6.11.5 and copying my config files to the new stick.  Same errors.  Tried with a clean 6.11.5 and I still get hanging and it won't boot.

I don't care much about the data on this machine.  I care really only about my docker configs, which will take me many hours to recreate.

My questions are thus:

1) How can I get my machine to boot into any version of UNRAID?

2) Once I get it to boot, can I copy my old config files from my Windows 10 PC?

2 hours ago, THespos said:

UNRAID hung during reboot in my upgrade from 6.11.5 to 6.12.0.  Had to reboot the machine, and it hung again.  I copied all my old files from my USB to my PC using Windows (hadn't flashed a backup).  I then overwrote my original USB stick with 6.12.0 using the USB Flash Creator.  This didn't work either, and my machine keeps hanging on checksum.  I tried doing it again with another USB stick.  Same errors.  Then I tried rolling back to 6.11.5 and copying my config files to the new stick.  Same errors.  Tried with a clean 6.11.5 and I still get hanging and it won't boot.

I don't care much about the data on this machine.  I care really only about my docker configs, which will take me many hours to recreate.

My questions are thus:

1) How can I get my machine to boot into any version of UNRAID?

2) Once I get it to boot, can I copy my old config files from my Windows 10 PC?

Have you checked the flash drive has EFI and not EFI-

So this morning, with a fresh pair of eyes, I took a new Philips 32GB stick and used the USB Flash Creator with 6.11.5.  I then copied my entire "config" folder to it from copy of my old USB stick that I made on Windows 10 over to the new Flash drive.  I ran "make bootable" as an administrator and everything went ok.

I put the stick in my server and try to boot it.  It hangs on the attached.

IMG_3393.thumb.JPG.be1842008305373a18f68454a57f5f05.JPG

1 hour ago, THespos said:

So this morning, with a fresh pair of eyes, I took a new Philips 32GB stick and used the USB Flash Creator with 6.11.5.  I then copied my entire "config" folder to it from copy of my old USB stick that I made on Windows 10 over to the new Flash drive.  I ran "make bootable" as an administrator and everything went ok.

I put the stick in my server and try to boot it.  It hangs on the attached.

IMG_3393.thumb.JPG.be1842008305373a18f68454a57f5f05.JPG

Which cpu do you have?

4 minutes ago, SimonF said:

ok I know there are some boot issues with intel 11s on 6.12.

have you tried booting ubuntu or some thing to see if the system will boot?

That's my next step, I think.  I've got a USB stick with 20.04 on it.  If I try booting into that, will it mess up the state of my drives?

17 minutes ago, THespos said:

Booted from another USB into Ubuntu.  This is what I got:IMG_3396_1.thumb.JPG.552671773c85960c27a8f2d8ce67fe74.JPG
Is this an indicator my CPU is effed?

Where would you go from here?  Order another 5950X?

I dont use amd so not sure. maybe I would reseat memory and do a bios reset/update if there is one. maybe a mem test.