AntiVirus / AntiSpam software

graywolf

You're advocating a reactive approach to viruses vs an proactive approach? ... for shame.

Not at all.  I absolutely recommend being very pro-active with your protection.  As I noted, I think ESet is the current "best" (this changes with time) of the paid antivirus utilities, but I think MSE is excellent, and that's what I use, in conjunction with the paid version of Malwarebytes.

Maintaining a reasonably current system image isn't "reactive" => it's simply good insurance for a LOT of potential catastrophies -- only one of which is a bad virus/malware attack [no product is 100% successful in protecting against this].    An image also protects against a failed hard drive;  OS corruption;  etc. => simply restore the image (on the same or a new hard drive) and you're right back where you were when you made it.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Thread Necro?

I use Sophos UTM as my firewall/router and Sophos AV clients on my computers - it allows me to control what/where clients can connect on a network level, and the low level agent on the client protects against.

It supports AD integration, department control, and individual control.

• 1 year later...
On 7/6/2018 at 2:31 AM, KC said:

Thread Necro?

I use Sophos UTM as my firewall/router and Sophos AV clients on my computers - it allows me to control what/where clients can connect on a network level, and the low level agent on the client protects against.

It supports AD integration, department control, and individual control.

Sophos are dropping support for the Endpoint protection at the end of 2019. Unfortunately, if you use the "Home" version there is no direct replacement. You can register for the "Home" cloud antivirius which is limited to 5 pcs (for free) and does the same thing but it's not monitored by the UTM.