LAST CALL on the Unraid Summer Sale! 😎 ⌛ ×

Is there a way to create a setup image?

I’m other words it a buddy is building a server but doesn’t know anything about unraid and isn’t that technical. Before he gets frustrated trying to follow a ton of lengthy YouTube guides, is there a way I could create a basic setup with the apps he’d want, all the paths and everything done? Basically create a setup where all he has to do is put in his API keys and be good? A template I could make and host he could just download and put his usb key to and save the endless headaches of starting from scratch? 

far beyond me to tell your friend they shouldn't use unraid if their level of tolerance is sub optimal.

far as i know templates (after you create them in unraid) are saved On the USB at /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user

maybe you take from your templates and tweak according to their paths?

Not completely without his disk drives!    

You could do a partial setup using your own disk drives but then when he got the flash dtive from you at the very least he would have to use the New Config tool and set up the array at his end, and whatever he sets up would need to be compatible with any assumptions you made about drive assignments.

2 hours ago, FlyingTexan said:

I’m other words it a buddy is building a server but doesn’t know anything about unraid and isn’t that technical. Before he gets frustrated trying to follow a ton of lengthy YouTube guides, is there a way I could create a basic setup with the apps he’d want, all the paths and everything done? Basically create a setup where all he has to do is put in his API keys and be good? A template I could make and host he could just download and put his usb key to and save the endless headaches of starting from scratch? 

One option is our new paid support offering: 

https://unraid.net/services

6 hours ago, Salpertia said:

far beyond me to tell your friend they shouldn't use unraid if their level of tolerance is sub optimal.

far as i know templates (after you create them in unraid) are saved On the USB at /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user

maybe you take from your templates and tweak according to their paths?

What? Unraid is a pain to setup when it doesn't have to be. You don't need to know networking and file paths and everything to use it. I had mine running for a year and never really touched it without issue. That's like expecting everyone that drives a car to be a mechanic. An easily deployable setup should be a step unraid should reach reach for because it's a major turnoff for people that don't have the time to dig into things. 

4 minutes ago, FlyingTexan said:

WHOA! How long has that been there?  Honestly would a paid support actually setup sonarr/radarr/plex? My god I'd have paid whatever to avoid everything I've been through.  Nice to know!

This was soft launched last week but we are open for business. Plex is no problem.

Obviously, we are unable to directly assist with anything overtly illegal...