Jump to content

Level One Certification - ASUS P5E-VM HDMI


tubs

Recommended Posts

I successfully created and checked the parity on my new unRAID server.

 

Motherboard:  ASUS P5E-VM HDMI

CPU:              XEON E3110 3.0 GHZ ( E8400 clone )

RAM:            2 x 1GB OCZ GOLD DDR2-800

HDD:            1 x WD10EALS for Parity; 1 x WD10EADS; 1 x WD10EACS

CASE:            CM 590

 

I've attached the syslog. 

 

I am fairly new to Linux so please let me know if there are any issues or I need to add more details. 

 

Thanks

syslog-ASUS_P5E-VM_HDMI-20110819.zip

Link to comment

As a further test, I would suggest transferring at least 100 GBs of data to and from the server over the network.  If on Windows, use TeraCopy and enable the 'verify after copy' menu option.  This will cause TeraCopy to run CRC checks on the data transfer to make sure there was no corruption.  If on a Mac, look for a free MD5 program that will do something similar.  Your server's motherboard uses an Atheros NIC, which sometimes are fine and sometimes cause problems.  If it does cause any problems it is best to find out sooner than later.  There's a good chance that it will work just fine.

Link to comment

I was able to copy 116GB from a PC to the server using TeraCopy with no errors.

 

116gbtransfertounraid.png

 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

 

However, I can't seem to copy it back from the server to the PC using TeraCopy.  Copying it back using Windows Explorer works but TeraCopy randomly chokes in the process.  Any suggestions to an alternative to TeraCopy?

 

Thanks.

Link to comment

However, I can't seem to copy it back from the server to the PC using TeraCopy.  Copying it back using Windows Explorer works but TeraCopy randomly chokes in the process.  Any suggestions to an alternative to TeraCopy?

 

It'd be nice to say the problem must be with TeraCopy but quite a few people swear by it. What does randomly chokes mean? Do you get any error messages? Can we see a syslog taken after one of these failed transfers?

Link to comment

I can't remember what the error message was but I'll re-install TeraCopy and post a screen capture plus syslog later on when I get a chance.

 

Meanwhile, I did a transfer using FastCopy and it seems to have worked:

 

EDIT: Will re-upload the pic again later..

 

I've attached the syslog during this transfer.  If there was an error related to TeraCopy, it would be in this syslog as well since I haven't rebooted the server since before I did my tests with TeraCopy.   But, I will re-do tests with TeraCopy after an unRAID reboot and post the results.

syslog-2011-08-25.txt

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...