Popups never go away

Popuppy things never go away. "Start new topic" for example, shows a popup that can never be closed, and even the dropdown menu inside it, can never be closed. Even the tooltip that appears when hovering an @-mention, will forcibly stay visible until the next page reload.

I think there's something in popuppery-type-of-things fundamentally bugged. It's hard to tell what exactly - the devtools console shows no errors, and this happens with or without content blockers. I'm on Firefox 114 on Windows 10.

21 hours ago, thany said:

Popuppy things never go away. "Start new topic" for example, shows a popup that can never be closed, and even the dropdown menu inside it, can never be closed. Even the tooltip that appears when hovering an @-mention, will forcibly stay visible until the next page reload.

I think there's something in popuppery-type-of-things fundamentally bugged. It's hard to tell what exactly - the devtools console shows no errors, and this happens with or without content blockers. I'm on Firefox 114 on Windows 10.

Can you post some screenshots?

• 5 months later...

It was alright for a while, but it suddenly started happening again. I doubleclicked on a link in a reply that I was quoting (not yet submitted) which pops up the link editor popup. That would not go away, so I couldn't proceed to submit my reply (well, that is without hackery in the devtools).

Cookies cannot cause such behaviour, and if clearing cache would solve it (not tried yet) it would only mean you're telling the browser to cache your files too aggressively, or invalidate them incorrectly.

Either way, it's 100% reproducible now. I see a "MultiQuote" tooltip just floating around and I'm afraid to attach a screenshot, because the popup for it will never go away, leaving me effectively unable to attach one.

Edit: clear cache (and refresh the page) doesn't help.

Edited by thany