why does unraid hang at udev boot and so slow and then cpu infinity

this is on my main server tardis

So i not sure after a clean bootup.. i still get this hanging  of the udev..  and the mover error  this time  mover didnt hang as long...  but i do have alot more errors.. whats creating them all how do i fix them etc... and fix this udev hang  it takes a few min or so

and i do not know why the images are side ways as i take them the same way.. 

20230703_092705[1].jpg

20230703_092701[1].jpg

20230703_092649[1].jpg

20230703_092405[1].jpg

tardis-diagnostics-20230703-0932.zip

Edited by comet424

maybe no one knows the answers?

and why do i keep getting these errors tooo... and the array is super slow now too

Jul  4 17:45:29 Tardis smbd[6176]:   ERROR: smbd is already running. File /var/run/smbd.pid exists and process id 6173 is running.
Jul  4 17:45:29 Tardis nmbd[6181]:   ERROR: nmbd is already running. File /var/run/nmbd.pid exists and process id 6180 is running.
Jul  4 17:45:29 Tardis nmbd[6180]:   directory_create_or_exist: mkdir failed on directory /var/run/samba/nmbd: No such file or directory
Jul  4 17:45:29 Tardis smbd[6173]:   directory_create_or_exist: mkdir failed on directory /var/run/samba/ncalrpc: No such file or directory
Jul  4 17:45:29 Tardis smbd[6173]:   Failed to create pipe directory /var/run/samba/ncalrpc - No such file or directory
Jul  4 17:45:29 Tardis nmbd[6180]:   ERROR: nb_packet_server_create failed: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND
Jul  4 17:45:29 Tardis nmbd[6180]:   exit_daemon: daemon failed to start: NMBD failed to setup packet server., error code 13
Jul  4 17:45:29 Tardis winbindd[6207]:   ERROR: winbindd is already running. File /var/run/winbindd.pid exists and process id 6205 is running.
Jul  4 17:45:29 Tardis winbindd[6205]:   directory_create_or_exist: mkdir failed on directory /var/run/samba/winbindd: No such file or directory
Jul  4 17:45:29 Tardis winbindd[6205]:   exit_daemon: daemon failed to start: Winbindd failed to setup listeners, error code 32
Jul  4 17:46:00 Tardis root: Interface "tunl0" added. Warning: no bandwidth limit has been set.

tardis-diagnostics-20230705-0936.zip

Edited by comet424

There are multiple erros in your diagnostic, it should not happen during the boot up. It seems something is broken in your system.

Also 6.12.x is a newly releaesd software which might not be stable enough.

I have checked my plugin with my hardware which both have r8125 and r8156 network card, everything is fine with the network. So the issue might not come from my plugin.

I would recommend to install a brandnew Unraid 6.11.5 system and see if it can remove those errors. It should be fine with a clean Unraid system configuration. You'd better reconstruct the system, and install previous plugins one by one.

Edited by jinlife

@jinlife  h like when i was running 6.12.0   no issues   but then i upgraded to 6.12.1   and then 2

but i always had those hanging issues at those 2 spots with 6.12.0  and even 6.11    its been slow for a long time... 

so  if i should try a new usb and a new unraid  and install each plugin 1 at a time an ddo a reboot... to see whats causing the issue?    and should i try a new install with your plugin for the network card.. to see if it deletes it

and i guess the system logs show nothing whats causing these issues exactly?

Edited by comet424

@jinlifeso i going to try this.. i moved all the files off my flash drive for my k-9 server that wasnt working for your plugin..

i downloading and installing 6.12.2 and then ill copy my key over.. and then ill try to install your driver  like you had me.. and ill see if ia blank system  if the network card disappears

9 hours ago, comet424 said:

@jinlifeso i going to try this.. i moved all the files off my flash drive for my k-9 server that wasnt working for your plugin..

i downloading and installing 6.12.2 and then ill copy my key over.. and then ill try to install your driver  like you had me.. and ill see if ia blank system  if the network card disappears

I mean your previous plugins, you should have installed some other plugins before.

My r8125 plugin isn't the key, no need to try it.  The built-in driver in Unraid should be fine with your RTL8168h/8111h network card.

Just reinstall a brand new system and boot it up, then check if any previous errors happen in the diagnostic.

Edited by jinlife

@jinlife

so i did this test..  as i cant do anything yet with Tardis main server

so i did the k-9 Server..

i erased my usb

i installed. 6.12.2  i copied over the key file

i booted up. and created a password to login 

so i was able to get into the system

i installed  Community Apps 

searched the r8125 and installed

i rebooted.. and the network card no longer works

the activity light on the nic  isnt flashing  just the green one...

testing on

Asus TUF Gaming X570 Motherboard

20230706_084308[1].jpg

20230706_084350[1].jpg

20230706_084430[1].jpg

Edited by comet424

@jinlife i made a video  and put on youtube...  i didnt try 6.11.5  with your plugin yet.. going to do that shortly  but here is that video   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4msVv_8sRtY

and i really dont understand why my phone is taking videos side ways it used to be fine now its doing that bs  but least it shows you  

maybe issue with Tuf board?

update...

so same result 

doing a clean install of 6.11.5 installing your r8125 plugin  reboot.. and the eth0  is removed  and no longer can be used...  did the same like in the above video  but this is for a 8125  but you mentioned my driver is a different one.. so doesnt that mean it wont work?

i havent tested on main server  as it uses a Asus x570 Strik-E Gaming board  so it slightly different from the Tuf board

Edited by comet424

@comet424 I said the r8125 plugin cannot fix your problem. Please do not test it anymore. It is made for rtl8125 chips but yours is RTL8168h/8111h, which is an old 1Gpb chip.

I think you might need to focus on how to solve your previous errors, it seems all these erros are gone after a new installation.

@jinlife  ya i see you changed you reply thats why.. as i read your first reply where you said the driver works in your computer so there is something else wrong with my hardware...    but now you got a new edited reply saying the built in drivers should be fine..

no worries

the forums dont let me know if anyone replies or edits.. as i just keep the window open  and just refresh to check

ya i bounced back to 11.5   seems to be goood on the archive server...  if 12 isnt stable yet.. do you know when it will be stable?  is that why there is already three updates to it? 0 1 2  so far?

and i appreciate your help so far... i will tackle my main server and start fresh...  is it only the plugins is causing it?  because the array isnt on

i also finding mover  isnt moving files off the cache drive at 12am  

im going to re do all three servers  go back to 11.5  and re start fresh and install plugins one at a time..  hopefully cures all the slowness and hanging    in boot ups

Edited by comet424

@jinlife ah ok  i run into a problem  so i on my main server  i wiped the usb

i installed 6.11.5  and copied some cfg files for the array..and got it to boot up  with just 2 warnings  that seem normal.. but when i start the array.. i have docker issues

and none of the dockers work... is it because i had upgraded to 6.12.2   and it cant downgraded  i bet?  and i cant even edit the docker files... 

so i might try upgrading back to 6.12.2  just to get my dockers to start working again  as i get this error

Jul  7 09:55:24 Tardis rc.docker: omada-controller: Error response from daemon: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: error mounting "cgroup" to rootfs at "/sys/fs/cgroup": mount cgroup:/sys/fs/cgroup/elogind (via /proc/self/fd/6), flags: 0xf, data: elogind: invalid argument: unknown
Jul  7 09:55:24 Tardis rc.docker: Error: failed to start containers: omada-controller
Jul  7 09:55:24 Tardis rc.docker: Plex-Media-Server: Error response from daemon: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: error mounting "cgroup" to rootfs at "/sys/fs/cgroup": mount cgroup:/sys/fs/cgroup/elogind (via /proc/self/fd/6), flags: 0xf, data: elogind: invalid argument: unknown
Jul  7 09:55:24 Tardis rc.docker: Error: failed to start containers: Plex-Media-Server

i havent checked  if it boots faster  as i gotta re plug the video card back in..   which ill be doing next just to see if it hangs...  but least the warnings are down  in old version anyways

@jinlife  so i shoved a video card in and booted up my main server  the one i have 2 nics 1 built in and other is a 4 port

and at moment with just CA installed as plugins  and i have my network cards setup in bridge modes   it hangs on the network cards br0 br1 br2 etc

does the logs  say why its hanging on those... does the 4 Port nic  need your driver?  other then that and the docker issue  it seems to be booting better

least its not taking 15 min or so to come back online

20230707_131013[1].jpg

tardis-diagnostics-20230707-1312.zip

50 minutes ago, comet424 said:

and none of the dockers work... is it because i had upgraded to 6.12.2

Yes, but there is a quick fix. This is from the 6.12.0 release notes:

https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/release-notes/6.12.0

If you revert back from 6.12 to 6.11.5 or earlier, you have to force update all your Docker containers and start them manually after downgrading. This is necessary because of the underlying change to cgroup v2 starting with 6.12.0-rc1.

@ljm42  ok i read that part i not sure do i need this line in the go file?

echo y > /sys/kernel/mm/lru_gen/enabled

it talks about you need to add it to the go file but the next line says you want to remove that line.. so i confused

and how do i manually force them all to update?  it didnt say what to type to get  force update all

if i use the force update under each docker.. i get this error

Configuration not found. Was this container created using this plugin?

update:

got it working i needed the dockermon folder  from my backup of my usb  had to copy it back over to the plugin folder to get it to least update...  always something..  hopefully  when 12 is stable i will re upgrade...  trying to work out all the bugs i seem to have...  too many plugins i think lol

Edited by comet424

i cant seem to fix the issue 

where it hangs at 

triggering udev events...

what is that.. and why does it hang    i have disabled my nics  i have uninstalled the plugins except CA and user scripts and it still hangs alot there... what is that really?

udev is what detects your hardware. For whatever reason this system is slow to respond about what hardware is connected. 

It might(?) help to go in your bios and disable things you aren't using, like bluetooth, wifi, serial ports. You could try messing with USB settings, like enable/disable legacy mode. Just some ideas, no guarantees : ) 

@ljm42  ok ill play with them.. its very anoying  i did get it work faster re formating the usb and installing 11.5 again and doing like 2 3 plugins install and do a reboot.. as i was thinking it was plugins or network cables....  

i do get some other errors maybe you know

right now im getting this warning

Jul 7 18:12:28 Tardis kernel: tsc: Fast TSC calibration failed

and if i enable Bridge Mode on my network card  so   i enable  br0 br1 br2 br3 br4 br5

well  you can see in the above pic it shows it doesnt exisit.. yet it does exist as its linked to each of my ports.. i use for home assistant 

since my very old switch cant run multi vlans through 1 port so i gotta make them through multiple lan connections

would you happen to know why its saying that? thats another point it hangs at 

i use 1 lan port onboard.. and then i use a 4 port pcie card

and is it best to stay with 6.11.5?  it seems i picked up alot of errors running on 6.12.2   even a clean install i got alot of errors

Edited by comet424

@ljm42  im on right now 6.11.5   no the delated bootup was a problem for a year  i think it just imported the slowness from the other versions maybe a glitch

as i had a mover error  as it wasnt working  and it showed it in the bootup  like in my previous messages  youd see the errors.... then when i upgraded to 12.0  1. 2.  it got worse i had wind something error and nbm error or something its in my above.... so  the other guy  wwas helping me...  and then suggested basiclly go back to 11.5   that 12.x  just isnt stable enough

like at this moment its faster then it was.. its now hanging at the br2 br3 br5 doesnt exisit  it does it three times before it gets to the login

but if i turn off Bridging mode on the lan ports then those errors dont come up and then its a bit faster now

its faster then it was,... it used to take about 15 min to come online with all the hanging it was doing

@jinlife ah ok  ill wait for that... are you still running 11.5 or up to 12.2?

and so things running better so far...  but if i enable  my Bridge mode on my network cards 

it hangs in boot up  saying device not found... 

why does that happen...  does your driver fix that  as  i dont get an error on BR0  which is the bridge of the Onboard Network card.. i just get the errors on the Bridge mode of the PCIe 4 Port Network card...   

i havent tried anything as it is running better then before so didnt wanna test....  well not till i backup the flash drive at the moment.. since i not getting those mover and rm errors