Unraid OS version 6.12.2 available

6 hours ago, aetek5 said:

Hi, I experience a weird behavior that after the update, my server disappears from the network. Like in my router I can't find my server connected to the network. I hooked the server to a monitor and keyboard but I only get a black screen and have to hard shutdown the server to reboot it.

You should enable the syslog server (mirror to flash) and when it happens again create a new thread in General Support and include your diagnostics and the resulting syslog file saved in /logs on the flash drive.

You might also want to look at your system event log in the BIOS, because this is exactly how systems with ECC are supposed to react if an uncorrectable memory error happens -> effectively shut down to prevent data corruption from propagating.

21 minutes ago, Squid said:

You should enable the syslog server (mirror to flash) and when it happens again create a new thread in General Support and include your diagnostics and the resulting syslog file saved in /logs on the flash drive.

You might also want to look at your system event log in the BIOS, because this is exactly how systems with ECC are supposed to react if an uncorrectable memory error happens -> effectively shut down to prevent data corruption from propagating.

Thank you for the advice. I enabled syslog server mirror to flash and will create the thread.

I will look into the event log in the bios but it didn't shut down. Server was still running but not interactable. But maybe the bios will have more info.

Thank you so much.

EDIT:   Never mind. Found stuff that said a reboot is the only way. Well, once again, wouldn't shut down after sitting for an hour and couldn't kill any process to make it complete, so force a reboot and now will sit around and wait 30 hours for a parity check to finish. Then 6.12.2 is gone. I came from 6.9.2 but am going to try and down grade to 6.11.5.

Well, 6.12.2 has been a total disaster. I can't reboot the server without it failing shutdown, even trying to stop any open processes, etc. So every reboot causes a parity check. Once I let it finish the check, I found the docker.img file corrupt. Got that fixed, and now I find the /mnt/user folder is "missing" or labeled as ?user in MC. When I look at ls-l for the user folder is shows as   "d???????" and all other fields for the listing as "?".            

I can't install any new dockers now even though I was able to install all previous dockers to rebuild the docker.img file. 

I want to downgrade but this missing /mnt/user file has me concerned because now docker what start because of missing path.

What can I do to get it back, just recreate the folder under /mnt or is there something else that needs to be done to fix it. 

Edited by jmbailey2000
15 hours ago, jmbailey2000 said:

EDIT:   Never mind. Found stuff that said a reboot is the only way. Well, once again, wouldn't shut down after sitting for an hour and couldn't kill any process to make it complete, so force a reboot and now will sit around and wait 30 hours for a parity check to finish. Then 6.12.2 is gone. I came from 6.9.2 but am going to try and down grade to 6.11.5.

Well, 6.12.2 has been a total disaster. I can't reboot the server without it failing shutdown, even trying to stop any open processes, etc. So every reboot causes a parity check. Once I let it finish the check, I found the docker.img file corrupt. Got that fixed, and now I find the /mnt/user folder is "missing" or labeled as ?user in MC. When I look at ls-l for the user folder is shows as   "d???????" and all other fields for the listing as "?".            

I can't install any new dockers now even though I was able to install all previous dockers to rebuild the docker.img file. 

I want to downgrade but this missing /mnt/user file has me concerned because now docker what start because of missing path.

What can I do to get it back, just recreate the folder under /mnt or is there something else that needs to be done to fix it. 

I had the same issue and also downgraded to a previous version. I had to "edit" each docker container, resave it (Delete one character and add it back to unlock save button) and the container worked again.

Everything works fine after downgrading to 6.11.4. Also found 6.12.1 to be a nightmare.

I used macvlan for years with Unraid. Now it just crashes and make my system unstable (tried it out for a couple of hours, bad mistake. CKSUM errors on cache while downloading and writing to cache, problems with docker disk img). What changed? Ipvlan works fine but I can't see the individual containers and usage in the router with that. 

Edited by Niklas

I´ve got the Problem that the server won´t boot anymore after the update.. MSI Z590, 11700K.
The Last line while booting sequenze befor the display blacks out and is bzfirmware checksum and than a Line that starts with i915 but its to fast i cant read the rest of the line.
Has anyone a solution for that maybe just to boot in the gui to restore to 6.11.5 when everything worked perfectly?

HI Guys

Having a nightmare i waited untill version 6.12.3 rolled ouit before updating.

I stopped my VM's with VM manager and my Docker Continers manually took array offline.
The used O/S updater everything went fine no errors reported or seen.
On reboot no VM's no Containers showing what can i do to get them back ?

bearcave-diagnostics-20230718-1653.zip

Ignore added to general support

Edited by OsoPolar

Does not (I think) explain your problem, but it looks like the Settings for the Parity Check Tuning plugin are a bit strange :(  Could you go to the plugins settings under Settings->Scheduler, make a change and hit apply to write a new set.  If you could then post diagnostics again I can check if they now look more like what I would expect.

2 minutes ago, OsoPolar said:

Thanks - the settings for the plugin now look sensible.    I suspect the ones you had were a legacy from quite some time ago and you had not revisited the settings page to update them.

the next thing to try and tidy is what is causing the invalid entry in the syslog of the form:

Jul 18 17:16:11 Bearcave crond[1173]: failed parsing crontab for user root: 04*** /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/user.scripts/startCustom.php /boot/config/plugins/user.scripts/scripts/qBittorrent Mover/script > /dev/null 2>&1

To resolve this I would suggest you go into the console level and then post the output of running:

cat /etc/cron.d/root

and hopefully identify what has inserted the problem entries.

i know this is not solving your current problem, but by getting these little things out of the way hopefully we have a cleaner syslog to help with diagnosing the main problem.

2 minutes ago, OsoPolar said:

Ok - that shows the invalid entry seems to be a User Script called 'qBittorrent Mover'.   The fields at the start of the entry are meant to be space separated but the spaces seem to be absent.   Not sure if this is a custom schedule you created or not?

To get back to you original problem I do not see any obvious reason for you having issues at the moment, but having tidied up these 2 issues it might be worth rebooting to give you a cleaner starting position.