Unraid boots to colored screen

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hey all,

my server has been super stable for some time now. However yesterday it was unresponsive and I wasn’t able to SSH into it or anything. 

I unfortunately had to do a hard reset and now when I boot up Unraid, I get this colored screen (the color changed based on the boot option I select). I’m unable to access the web console or SSH. 

I have ruled out memory as the memtest passed last night. My GPU is fine? Since the bios and memtest work just fine. So I’m not really sure when to to do here. Would love some advice though. Thanks!

image.jpg

• Solution

Backup original flash drive, re-do it, restore from the backup only the bare minimum, like super.dat and pools folder for the assignments, the key and the docker user-templates, then confirm it still boots and if yes either reconfigure the server or restore the other config files one by one, or a few at a time, to see if you can find the problem.

Hey @JorgeB I performed those steps and was able to get things up and running. The array is starting now and It looks like all my shares and applications are coming back (I was able to move the entire config folder to the USB).
When I created a new USB, I used the latest UNRAID version as well, so I am not sure if the new system files were the fix or if it was the upgraded version.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Micaiah12 said:

Hey @JorgeB I performed those steps and was able to get things up and running. The array is starting now and It looks like all my shares and applications are coming back (I was able to move the entire config folder to the USB).
When I created a new USB, I used the latest UNRAID version as well, so I am not sure if the new system files were the fix or if it was the upgraded version.

My guess is that was the fact of rewriting the system (bz*) files.  Seen in the past where simply rewriting these files have helped.   It is as though somehow the previous copy written could not be read reliably and the new copy can - but no obvious reason why this should be the case.

• 2 weeks later...