HELP !!Upgrade to 4.7 from 4.5.4 made 2 TB Drive "unformatted: now what do i do?

Yikes. Followed the instructions to upgrade to 4.7 from 4.5.4 (re install 3 files to key) restart.

insidted on rebuilding drive, only now its done and there IS NO DATA on the drive (and i have no backup)

I cant begin to tell you how frustrating this is.... and i post this in desperation.

disk12 WDC_WD20EARS-00M_WD-WCAZA7173868 32°C 1,953,514,552 Unformatted 8,851 5,538,736

When i first restarted the array, thois drive showed RED but was rebuilding and seemed to indicate it was half full into the rebuild process. But when done - UNFORMATTED.

Is there anything i can do, this is a real nightmare here as much important data is on that drive

(it was turned into a 2 TB drive not long ago from a 1TB)

HELP

Yikes. Followed the instructions to upgrade to 4.7 from 4.5.4 (re install 3 files to key) restart.

insidted on rebuilding drive, only now its done and there IS NO DATA on the drive (and i have no backup)

I cant begin to tell you how frustrating this is.... and i post this in desperation.

disk12 WDC_WD20EARS-00M_WD-WCAZA7173868 32°C 1,953,514,552 Unformatted 8,851 5,538,736

When i first restarted the array, thois drive showed RED but was rebuilding and seemed to indicate it was half full into the rebuild process. But when done - UNFORMATTED.

Is there anything i can do, this is a real nightmare here as much important data is on that drive

(it was turned into a 2 TB drive not long ago from a 1TB)

HELP

Send an email it [email protected]

Point him it this thread.

I ran a Rieserfs Chk and got the following:

Will read-only check consistency of the filesystem on /dev/md12

Will put log info to 'stdout'

Do you want to run this program?[N/Yes] (note need to type Yes if you do):Yes

###########

reiserfsck --check started at Mon Aug 22 22:34:37 2011

###########

Replaying journal: Done.

Reiserfs journal '/dev/md12' in blocks [18..8211]: 0 transactions replayed

Checking internal tree.. \/  8 (of  10|/ 81 (of 151// 58 (of 170\block 135495683: The level of the node (0) is not correct, (1) expected

the problem in the internal node occurefinished                               

Comparing bitmaps..vpf-10640: The on-disk and the correct bitmaps differs.

Bad nodes were found, Semantic pass skipped

1 found corruptions can be fixed only when running with --rebuild-tree

###########

reiserfsck finished at Mon Aug 22 23:54:35 2011

###########

So now what? Any suggestions?

Archived