Cache drive unmounted itself - will adding it back cause data loss?

Go to solution Solved by Vr2Io,

As said in the title, I dont know exactly how it happened, but over the last few days (Since updating to 6.12.2) my unraid install has progressively got worse, to the point where docker containers wouldn't start back up after updating themselves, and now I cant start my array because my cache drive has been removed from the pool?

I'm not the most experienced user, I took advantage of unraids plug and play nature and now I'm facing an issue I have no real expertise on diagnosing or troubleshooting.

I'll attach my latest diagnostics file, but in short, can I add this drive back into the cache pool without losing the data on it? Or will unraid just wipe it clean? 

Thanks in advance folks. Sorry if none of this makes sense.
image.thumb.png.4c4a9abe76c7fd442979cdacd651909a.png

tower-diagnostics-20230706-1931.zip

• Solution
15 minutes ago, Zeragonii said:

can I add this drive back into the cache pool without losing the data on it?

Seagete NVMe ?  if the pool are single storage pool, you can safe add it back.

But I also aware Seagate NVMe at UD haven't show the mount button, this may indicate it have file system problem.

Edited by Vr2Io
6 minutes ago, Vr2Io said:

Seagete NVMe ?  if the pool are single storage pool, you can safe add it back.

But I also aware Seagate NVMe at UD haven't show the mount button, this may indicate it have file system problem.

I did a temporary mount and it looked like all the files were still there, so fingers crossed the FS is okay.

You're sure I can just add it back into the cache pool and it will all be okay?

Unfortunately the system is still very much not happy. I'm going to have to roll back to an older flash backup and hope to god there's no data loss.

Edit: I can't SSH into the system, I cant control it at all remotely, and to top it off I'm at work and can't even manually shut it down. I fear it's going to destroy itself and there's absolutely nothing I can do to stop it. Oh the joys.

Edited by Zeragonii