What brand of UPS do you have connected to your unRAID server

madburg

I have an OLD Cyberpower CPAVR800 ... seems to work just fine except for two "niggles"

1) Battery capacity seems to read 120% (wha wha what?)

2) The UPS does not completely shut down with unraid (believe I have the config done correctly) but that isn't a big deal for me since I have other things (modem and wifi) on that UPS I want to keep powered even after server shutdown.

I have 2 unraids plus a windows 2k8 box sharing an APC BG1300 with shutdown scripts in master slave slave.

If it becomes to big of a load once i have both unraids fully populated with 44 drives, I'll reassess if i need to split them to 2 UPS's.

Again, I'll buy another APC if so. They are pretty much the industry standard in IT.

I believe APC is the only UPS supported by ESX also.

Have an APC powering two atom boxes, one unraid and one pfsense.  Trying to figure out a way to get NUT on pfsense to talk to apcupsd on the unraid server, which has the control cable connected.  Unraid was the more important one for me to shut down cleanly for obvious reasons.

I have a Belkin model "rigged" to work with the APCUPSd. It doesn't read the settings properly, so I had to change the min battery level detected and time being on battery before shutdown to function.

If I didn't already have the Belkin 1600 VA UPS's I'd definitely go with an APC model.

• 5 years later...

Have an APC powering my unRAID tower, the Gigabit switch, cable modem, VOIP, and my modelling-gaming PC.

Got to edit this post- Now have a Tripp-Lite 1000 UPS. Still to figure out how to get my Tower to shut down cleanly if called for by UPS.

R

Resurrecting an old topic...

I'm looking to buy a Tripp-Lite 1000 UPS; can anyone confirm it works fine to do a clean shutdown on unRAID?