Anyone using Twonky server?

I've been trying to stream my music files from unraid to my Yamaha RX-A3000, but the receiver seems unable to see the server. My HTPC has no issues what-so-ever, nor does my laptop. I was wondering if using Twonky in the background might help with this?

I have no experience using Twonky and am not sold that this is the magic bullet to my issue, so any guidance that can be given would be appreciated.

I've been trying to stream my music files from unraid to my Yamaha RX-A3000, but the receiver seems unable to see the server. My HTPC has no issues what-so-ever, nor does my laptop. I was wondering if using Twonky in the background might help with this?

I have no experience using Twonky and am not sold that this is the magic bullet to my issue, so any guidance that can be given would be appreciated.

I have been using TMS for a year and very pleased with it. I have tried other media servers like Mediatomb and Plex. The installation and setup is rather straight forward. This is the one which can be detected almost by any mediaplayer (among them are Ipad, Iphone, Xbmc in my HTPC, PS3 and my son's android phone). Streaming is ok. I could not manage to have the online media conversion (e.g. from mpeg2 to mpeg4) work, though.

Archived