Cannot find device eth0 unraid, please help

Go to solution Solved by ich777,

It was this damn "RTL8168 Drivers Plugin". 

I have manually deleted in the modprobe.d directory of myFlashDisk this file "r8169.conf" from this plugin "RTL8168 Drivers". Get Access to the Dashboard and kill this Plugin!

Never this Plugin. U should forbidden it.

Looking at the diagnostics, I am unclear what network card you have. It might be based on the RTL8125 chip or it might be RTL8226/RTL8221. Either way, it is definitely not the RTL8168 so it makes sense that installing the wrong driver would cause issues. If you can figure out which network card you have and install the driver appropriate for that card you may have more success. Or if your system is working fine then you may not need a different driver for your hardware at all.

Keep in mind that plugins are provided free of charge by other community members because they want to be helpful. You may want to consider editing the language on your earlier posts.

• Solution
On 7/14/2023 at 8:30 PM, suender said:

I have manually deleted in the modprobe.d directory of myFlashDisk this file "r8169.conf" from this plugin "RTL8168 Drivers". Get Access to the Dashboard and kill this Plugin!

Please install the correct plugin, you need the RTL8125 plugin for your network card since it's a RTL8125 chip from what I see in your Diagnostics:

02:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8125 2.5GbE Controller [10ec:8125] (rev 05)
    Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd RTL8125 2.5GbE Controller [1458:e000]
    Kernel driver in use: r8169
    Kernel modules: r8169

However if you install this driver it can be the case that your server has a different IP afterwards because you are basically using a new driver.

I've gone a bit more in depth into your Diagnostics and also saw that you have the GVT-g plugin installed, please remove it since it wont do anything for you because GVT-g is only supported up to 10th Gen Intel i-Core series CPUs.

Wenn du Support auf Deutsch willst/brauchst, kannst du gerne einen Post im Deutschen Subforum machen und mich mit @ + meinem Usernamen markieren (nicht vergessen auch auf meinen Usernamen zu klicken).

Bitte auch hier auf den Ton achten im Forum. :)

Hoffe das hilft...

• Like 1