Moved houses and now "Your flash drive is corrupted or offline."

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hi all,

I have moved my media server between houses, and then recieved the following error: "Your flash drive is corrupted or offline. Post your diagnostics in the forum for help. See also here".

In case it helps, Fix Common Errors says:
```

/boot/config/disk.cfg corrupted

/boot/config/plugins/dynamix/monitor.ini corrupted

```

I havn't started the Array yet since moving, for fear of corrupting something else.

Thanks

tower-diagnostics-20230716-1949.zip

• Solution

All the .cfg and the .ini files in the config folder on the flash drive should be human readable text files.   The disk.cfg file is in the diagnostics and is certainly corrupt as it is not plain text.

Do you have a backup of your flash drive?    It is possible that the flash drive is failing and needs replacing.

I have an older backup from around August last year, but I don't think I would have changed the disk setup since then tbh. I've been between two houses, and the server was mostly powered off for that time.

Should I restore the backups fully, or just the individual files?

Edit: I tried restoring only the corrupted files, via making the flash public and copying them over, and then rebooting. It removed the error message, but now I noticed that the AppData share is empty, and the cache drive was unmounted. I've copied over the cache config now, and rebooting again. I have the CA Backup plugin, but not 100% it will restore everything.

Edit #2: Oh wow, the AppData share was empty because it all lived on the cache drive, so it all reappeared after the above reboot :D I think I'm back in action now, so probably a good time to make all the backups.

Edited by BeardLord