Unraid 12.3 the IPv6 address will disappear after starting for a while

Go to solution Solved by ljm42,

I upgrade the Unraid from 11.5 to 12.2, then to 12.3. Both of them run normally at first, and then I cannot access the webgui both ipv4 and ipv6. And web page from docker service can be accessed from ipv4 only. ssh is worked from ipv4.

I read the nginx log and syslog. Nginx log shows that cannot bind to [::1], so nginx won't start. From syslog I cannot find more info about the reason why ipv6 disappear but we can see after a time, many service cannot get the ipv6 interface, like ntpd.

In my home network, I configure the gateway with SLAAC. other devices work perfectly. 

I cannot get diagnostic from command line since it will stuck for a long time and nothing happens.

Restart cannot solve the problem.

Same problem as well. Just want to get clarify: You said restart cannot solve the problem means the webgui and ipv6 are not working once you reboot the unraid or they were not working after sometime you reboot. Mine is the second situation.

BTW, when you are using 11.5, do you have this issue? I'm thinking about roll back to the old stable version...

19 hours ago, sbihero said:

Same problem as well. Just want to get clarify: You said restart cannot solve the problem means the webgui and ipv6 are not working once you reboot the unraid or they were not working after sometime you reboot. Mine is the second situation.

BTW, when you are using 11.5, do you have this issue? I'm thinking about roll back to the old stable version...

When I restart the server, the IPv6 address can be collected by ifconfig command, and webgui works both for IPv4 and IPv6. After some time(short as 1 hour or long as 1 day), IPv6 address can not be collected by ifconfig, and webgui get broken. Restart just repeat the progress above.

So I think I have the same problem(situation 2) as yours.

When I'm using 11.x, I have never seen this before. The IPv6 works perfectly. I think roll back will work for it.

Edited by Mr.win7
9 hours ago, ljm42 said:

We really need to see your diagnostics.zip ( <<< click the link ) to be able to troubleshoot anything. 

Edit: hmm you said you can't pull diagnostics once the problem happens.  Well, diagnostics from when it works might be helpful, and if you could post the syslog after the problem happens that would fill in the details

Sure I'm trying to execute the diagnostics command but seems it didn't work for me. I will keep trying. 

I'm on a business trip so these two days I cannot access my unraid server(so sad, I accessed it before by unraid's wireguard based on ipv6 endpoint). I will upload my syslog this weekend.

Maybe @sbihero bro you can also provide your syslog and diagnostics.zip, right?

Edited by Mr.win7
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 1:47 AM, ljm42 said:

In the short term, please disable IPv6 if you can. We are working on some fixes and will ask you to install a test release when it is ready.

Aside from that, please install the Fix Common Problems plugin and see if it has any suggestions for you. 

Thank you @ljm42 But IPv6 is important for me.

I've run the fix common problems plugin and it didn't show any useful suggestion about this.

Here is my syslog. I think the problem is related to the nginx. Could you please have a look about it?

Also, I'm anxiously to wait the new release (maybe 12.4? laugh) to fix it. Do you know any estimate ETA for it?

syslog

On 8/22/2023 at 7:48 AM, ljm42 said:

We have a 6.12.4 rc release available with significant changes to networking, would appreciate your help confirming it resolves this issue:

From 8.22 to now the problem didn't happen again. Seems 12.4 fix the problem.

Thank you for your work!

• Like 1