Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system

13 minutes ago, KLLSWITCH said:

im kind of new to unraid how would i do that?

• stop array
  • unassign drive
  • start array

at that point Unraid will be emulating the drive.   See if the ‘emulated’ drive shows as mounted and the contents look correct.

Replacing/Rebuilding drives is cover here in the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page.

2 hours ago, itimpi said:

• stop array
  • unassign drive
  • start array

at that point Unraid will be emulating the drive.   See if the ‘emulated’ drive shows as mounted and the contents look correct.

Replacing/Rebuilding drives is cover here in the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page.

Ok I kind of figured that's what he meant. I tried that this morning before work and unraid won't mount it and wants to format the drive. Not really sure what else to do other than taking the drive out and seeing if I can read the files with my windows machine. 

3 minutes ago, KLLSWITCH said:

Ok I kind of figured that's what he meant. I tried that this morning before work and unraid won't mount it and wants to format the drive. Not really sure what else to do other than taking the drive out and seeing if I can read the files with my windows machine. 

You should try the procedures detailed in this section of the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page which covers handling drives reported as unmountable.   The results of that will determine on what advice you get as the best way to proceed.

18 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You should try the procedures detailed in this section of the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page which covers handling drives reported as unmountable.   The results of that will determine on what advice you get as the best way to proceed.

Ok I will give that a shot thanks 👍

Just now, KLLSWITCH said:

So one thing is the file system shows auto and I didn't see auto covered? 

If you know what format was used (probably XFS in the array) then you can set it explicitly by clicking on the drive on the Main tab with the array stopped.   The auto option relies on Unraid being able to dynamically work out what format was used.   Once set explicitly the check/repair options appear that are appropriate to the format you set.

3 hours ago, itimpi said:

If you know what format was used (probably XFS in the array) then you can set it explicitly by clicking on the drive on the Main tab with the array stopped.   The auto option relies on Unraid being able to dynamically work out what format was used.   Once set explicitly the check/repair options appear that are appropriate to the format you set.

I am unable to select a fs for that drive since it won't mount. 

Screenshot_20230717_113543_Chrome.png

1 minute ago, KLLSWITCH said:

I am unable to select a fs for that drive since it won't mount

did you stop the array first!    You need to select the file system at that point before any attempt is made to mount it.    You cannot change that setting once you have started the array.