[SOLVED] CIFS: Status code returned 0xc000018d STATUS_TRUSTED_RELATIONSHIP_FAILURE

Go to solution Solved by Holmesware,

This happens from 2 different Unraid servers (6.11.5 and 6.12.2) to any Windows 10 Domain connected computer.

Mounting a Windows Share <REMOTE COMPUTER> from an Unraid <SERVER> no longer works.
Has been working for close to 2 years until now.

<SERVER> kernel: CIFS: Attempting to mount \\<REMOTE COMPUTER>\ServerData
<SERVER> kernel: CIFS: Status code returned 0xc000018d STATUS_TRUSTED_RELATIONSHIP_FAILURE
<SERVER> kernel: CIFS: VFS: \\<REMOTE COMPUTER> Send error in SessSetup = -5
<SERVER> kernel: CIFS: VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -5
<SERVER> unassigned.devices: SMB 3.1.1 mount failed: 'mount error(5): Input/output error

The mounting script goes through SMB 3.0, 2.0 and 1.0 with the same error.

Lookup up this error:
0xc000018d STATUS_TRUSTED_RELATIONSHIP_FAILURE 

Comes up with this description.
The logon request failed because the trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.

Removing any of these  computers from the domain and rejoining it doesn't fix this.
The same <REMOTE COMPUTER> (Windows 10) can connect to the an Unraid SMB share with no issues.

Trying to manually make the connection from the command line generate the same error.

Domain Controller is Zentyal 6.1.6 on Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS. I have posted this issue in their forums as well.

Other things that have stopped working at roughly the same time.

- WIndows Remote Assistance - unless it's initiated from the end user with a file or email link.

- Shared USB printers that require bi-directional communication.

- Basic Kyocera Laser printer - no longer working. 

- Zebra Label printer - Works fine.

Edited by Holmesware
  • Solution

Win 10 update (KB5028166) - uninstall and re-apply - Fixed all my issues

Note: uninstalling the update then rebooting the system triggered installing the update before the login screen.

FALSE - This did not happen. The update was removed and stayed removed, but it looks like it will reinstall on the next Windows Update.

This has to do with a SAMBA bug in the Zentyal Domain Controller world. https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,35598.0.html

- Unraid mounting an SMB share on a Window 10 Workstation

- Remote Assistance now works when initiated remotely

- Shared bi-directional USB laser printer now works from remote workstations

The Actual Samba Bug - https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=15418

Solved-ish - Until there is a Samba fix for my domain controller I will not be able to reapply KB5028166 to my workstations.

SOLVED - Patch for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Bionc - https://launchpad.net/~ahasenack/+archive/ubuntu/samba-kb5028166/

Edited by Holmesware
  • Holmesware changed the title to [SOLVED] CIFS: Status code returned 0xc000018d STATUS_TRUSTED_RELATIONSHIP_FAILURE