We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

2 Questions

1) SMB Shares.. is the user/pass for an SMB share the same as my login info for tower? I want to know if its possible to block a machine...

2) Is there a solution so that I can sync one folder (my itunes music) with my tower? I don't mind if I have to force the sync or even if theres a program which will allow me to just drag+drop and ignore any files already there with the same name (I don't think this is possible with mac without finder crashing).

1) SMB Shares.. is the user/pass for an SMB share the same as my login info for tower? I want to know if its possible to block a machine...

You can create users with user level security.  From there you can restrict access to certain user shares based on the user login.

2) Is there a solution so that I can sync one folder (my itunes music) with my tower? I don't mind if I have to force the sync or even if theres a program which will allow me to just drag+drop and ignore any files already there with the same name (I don't think this is possible with mac without finder crashing).

There are a lot of sync programs for Windows and Mac.  I have used ChronoSync (paid app) on my Mac with good results.

Archived