Jump to content

Downgrading to 4.7


Recommended Posts

I have built my first UnRaid box with 5.0 b11 (now 12) and it's pretty much how I want it with the packages, scripts, etc all sorted.  I didn't think it would happen so quickly and I'm ready to go live.

 

I do have some issues, in particular I can't seem to get the file permissioning sorted correctly.  No matter how many times I set chown to nobody, run the fix permissions script from the web page or even manually chmod -r 777 everything, my clients are still getting errors that files are read only.

 

I'm putting down to running a beta version so I'd be interested to know if I can easily downgrade to 4.7, considering I've haven't run it before, without too many issues.  A concern I have is that my mobo has a Realtek 8111E NIC which seems to only really be supported in the latest beta.

 

Does a downgrade make sense ?  The other options I have is to sit and wait patiently until 5.0 goes live, while playing around and adding more stuff to the server in dev mode, or try and nut out the current permissioning issues I have.  Normally I'd jump at the chance of solving an issue but I am a fish out of water when it comes to linux.

Link to comment

I have built my first UnRaid box with 5.0 b11 (now 12) and it's pretty much how I want it with the packages, scripts, etc all sorted.  I didn't think it would happen so quickly and I'm ready to go live.

 

I do have some issues, in particular I can't seem to get the file permissioning sorted correctly.  No matter how many times I set chown to nobody, run the fix permissions script from the web page or even manually chmod -r 777 everything, my clients are still getting errors that files are read only.

 

I'm putting down to running a beta version so I'd be interested to know if I can easily downgrade to 4.7, considering I've haven't run it before, without too many issues.  A concern I have is that my mobo has a Realtek 8111E NIC which seems to only really be supported in the latest beta.

 

Does a downgrade make sense ?  The other options I have is to sit and wait patiently until 5.0 goes live, while playing around and adding more stuff to the server in dev mode, or try and nut out the current permissioning issues I have.  Normally I'd jump at the chance of solving an issue but I am a fish out of water when it comes to linux.

I would stay on 5.0b12 and figure out why your permissions are not working correctly.  I don't think your permissions issues are a beta problem, more of a user error.

 

Do some reading and searching and post back here with specific questions you might have.  I have 5.0b6a running on my machine and do not have permissions issues.  I have updated 2 different customers server in the last week to 5.0b12 and have not had a permissions issue as of yet.

 

What specifically are you have permissions issue with.

Link to comment

Well, a reboot seemed to solve the problems.  Access is as I thought I had set it up.

 

One issue I am finding with b12 that I didn't see with b11 is that sometimes I can restart the server and the system comes up with the array as "Starting".  Shares tab on the webgui says the array needs to be up first, so I assume it's down.  Click start or refresh changes nothing.  After about 15mins I need to restart the server.  Sometimes it comes up good, sometimes it's doesn't.  I'ce now set auto start to off as it seems to work better when I manually start it.

Link to comment

Well, a reboot seemed to solve the problems.  Access is as I thought I had set it up.

 

One issue I am finding with b12 that I didn't see with b11 is that sometimes I can restart the server and the system comes up with the array as "Starting".  Shares tab on the webgui says the array needs to be up first, so I assume it's down.  Click start or refresh changes nothing.  After about 15mins I need to restart the server.  Sometimes it comes up good, sometimes it's doesn't.  I'ce now set auto start to off as it seems to work better when I manually start it.

Report this as a possible bug in the Announcements forum thread and attach a syslog of where this happens!!

Link to comment

Well, a reboot seemed to solve the problems.  Access is as I thought I had set it up.

 

One issue I am finding with b12 that I didn't see with b11 is that sometimes I can restart the server and the system comes up with the array as "Starting".  Shares tab on the webgui says the array needs to be up first, so I assume it's down.  Click start or refresh changes nothing.  After about 15mins I need to restart the server.  Sometimes it comes up good, sometimes it's doesn't.  I'ce now set auto start to off as it seems to work better when I manually start it.

Report this as a possible bug in the Announcements forum thread and attach a syslog of where this happens!!

 

yeah, will do.  Now that I'm staying on the beta's I'll start tracking this a bit more carefully.

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...