Appdata Missing from Cache

Go to solution Solved by colev14,

Hello, I was following the new Spaceinvaderone video on creating a dataset for each appdata folder. I created a dataset on the cache drive for appdata and suddenly my appdata is saying it's 587MB, when previously it was many GB. I can see that there is still 300GB being used on the cache, which is what was being used before. When I go into the file browser and calculate the size, it's saying 87.6 GB though. So I'm not really sure what happened to my old appdata. Everything appears to have been deleted. There are just the folders for the docker containers that are running that got generated fresh. 

image.thumb.png.49bfafcfcb7eaac9804d75f2f07b9885.png

image.thumb.png.53d7675e587769a2a67f7ec57c830751.png

unraid-diagnostics-20230726-1653.zip

• Solution

Guys, I swear I literally purchased a 2nd unraid license to run on a 2nd server for tinkering so I don't mess up my main server. But somehow I end up doing this on my main one anyway. I just never learn. I ended up solving the issue myself. I went into ZFS master and enabled destructive mode. Then changed the name of the dataset and the dataset location to appdatatest and then all my old appdata popped up exactly where it was before. Everything works fine now.