Go from 13 to 12 attached drives to buy Plus - Trial expired

My second trial expired recently, and I have 13 attached drives. I'm a poor sod without a job over the summer, so I can't afford the license cost of the Pro version, but I can scrape together for the Plus one. 

I can't seem to buy the plus license with 13 drives attached tho, and I can't figure out a way to go to 12 drives without starting up the array.

I'm trying to remove one of the pool drives. 

I've removed one of the drives physically, but the hardware profile is still 13 drives. I've tried resetting the hardware profile with array slots intact, but it stills keeps the pool slots as well. Usually I'd power up the array with 1 device missing in the pool, and it would work that way to remove it, but now I don't know what to do.

It won't let me go from 2 devices in the pool to just 1, even tho it's a raid 1 pool. 
I can't change the raid config of it either without starting the array?

On 7/28/2023 at 9:02 AM, Neoco said:

I've removed one of the drives physically

This will not be enough if there are still 13 drives assigned to the combination of array and pools, you have to get rid of one of the assignments.

I would suggest that you use Tools->New Config to using the "keep array" option and start the array without a pool attached.    You can always add it back later.