Are there any problems/complications with running Portainer and Docker Compose on Unraid

My question is will using Portainer and docker compose screw up the builtin docker system that I'm currently using. I'm going to be installing a whole security suite, but the instructions I have for deploying/linking several containers are for Portainer or Docker compose. I'm looking at deploying Cloudflare tunnels, along with trafik, authelia, crowdsec and a few others and the instructions I want to follow are basically a pile of docker compose scripts and Portainer stacks.

Unfortunately, I have a limited knowledge/experience with docker, so this might be totally dangerous and irresponsible of me to be playing with this stuff with my limited knowledge. I like the fact that all the Unraid installed containers persistant data is in the appdata directory and I'd like to keep that while using compose or Portainer. Will Portainer and compose use the docker.img file or will i need to set aside alternative array disk space to store the the containers 

Thanks for any help