After upgrade to new server hardware experiencing "Share 'appdata' has been deleted" and "macvlan call traces found"

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi there,

I had Unraid running in a normal PC case for many moons without a hiccup. I decided to invest in some new hardware and bought a Supermicro 846 case along with a Supermicro mobo / new CPUs etc.

It booted it up fine and all seemed well (Plex and other dockers worked etc).

It's been running 24 hours and I was trying to transfer some media files over to one of the drives and transfer failed and it seems the server crashed.

The symptoms were this:

I could still access the Unraid backend but, if I clicked "Shares" I got the message "Share 'appdata' has been deleted" and none of my Shared folders showed up. I tried a reboot and it all came back to life again.

So, I tried transferring again and it seemed to stop working again so I did a bit of Googling and installed Fix Common Problems.

This reports (among a few other things) - "macvlan call traces found" (there's 16 of these entries) ??

I've also got these entries...

image.thumb.png.a77b4d316147180eca748b10b24264cd.png

So, I'm a bit stuck - I don't know what I should be doing? I've Googled macvlan and ipvlan and it's a bit over my head so I'm confused by what action I should be taking (if any) ?

I'm running v6.12.3 of Unraid.

I don't know if I've got a hardware problem or this is a software issue and (if it is) could it have caused my previous issues?

If anyone could help untangle this mess and give me some advice on what I should do here it would be very much appreciated. I've tacked on my 'diagnostics' just in case it's helpful?

Thanks 🙂

jtserver-diagnostics-20230805-1334.zip

Thanks for getting back to me. During my fault finding I've got myself down a bit of a rabbit hole... I thought my USB was on it's way out so made a new one - then, managed to get the license working but all my dockers were saying "Server not found" so I reinstalled Docker and I'm now wading through trying to get everything up and running again.

I appreciate your help with this but I'll mark this as "solved" and then start a new topic if and when I get somewhere (assuming I get stuck).

Thank you 🙂

• Like 1