Unraid isn't respect most full / high water share settings when it worked in the past.

I have a large array and have had it for a long time.  I didn't change the share settings, but recently, it keeps trying to fill up a handful of drives.  I try moving the data off them, but after a day or so it just fills it back up?  I have 28 disks in the array, most have about 1.5tb free, so I can figure out why it keeps trying to fill a handful to the max.  Literally KBs left.

Running 6.12.3, diags attached.

9900k-diagnostics-20230815-1413.zip

57 minutes ago, itimpi said:

It might help if you gave some examples of the shares and disks involved so we know what to look for.

it would also be useful if you deleted from the config/shares folder on the flash drive any .cfg files that do not correspond to shares that you actually have to avoid cluttering the diagnostics with excess files.

Sorry, "media" share(There shouldn't really be much on the other shares at all except app-data which is exclusively cache only) and disk 10 is a repeat offender, along with 13, 15, 19, 23.

Edited by sittingmongoose
On 8/16/2023 at 5:26 AM, JorgeB said:

Not seeing a reason for that, since you have root share enable check that your not using that, instead of the actual share.

I am not using root shares for anything other than Krusader.  And even then, I rarely use it.

I feel like I am playing wackamole.  I just had disk 1 fill up.  Like MBs left, when 20+ other drives have like 1.5TB left.  So I went into unbalance, moved 1TB off disk 1 and all that did was fill up disk 2, but somehow now disk 1 is still also filled up.(I made sure I did move and not copy)  I made sure everything is on high water for share settings.  

On 8/19/2023 at 4:02 AM, JorgeB said:

If you create a new temp share with the same settings and write to it does it go to the correct disk?

Things got very weird doing this...

So going into this test, I had a drive down to KB left.  I made the new share, made it high water, and transferred a 2TB folder of 4k tv shows to it.  Saw it was writing to the most free disk which had quite a bit more free than every other.  Went to bed after about an hour of watching it.  Woke up and now that disk that was down to KB has 6TB left?????

I am not sure what to make of this.  It seems the transfer worked as expected, but I still have no idea what's going on or why my drive would suddenly free up 6TB.

2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

That's very strange, Unraid doesn't move data between disks, post new diags but doubt that there's something visible.

I agree, I am not a noob with unraid, so this has really been bugging me for a while.  Last time this happened, it just stopped being an issue after like a few weeks.  That was early on in 6.12 RC days.  Here are my diags.  Disk 10 is the one who seems to be the most problematic.

9900k-diagnostics-20230820-1546.zip