flash disk share over AFP?

whiteatom

I can't seem to share the flash drive over AFP using 5.0b11. . Is this a bug/unimplemented feature or am I doing something wrong? The other disk shares work, and the options are available for the flash disk when using SMB, but not AFP.

I'm running OSX Lion on my desktop, so I need this to get at the flash share without shutting down the tower and moving my flash drive to my iMac since SMB doesn't seem to work anymore. I have to say, Apple f%&king with Samba has been a constant headache with all of my network setup.. unfortunately, unRAID included.

Cheers,

whiteatom

but still no access to the flash drive over AFP? I'm trying to avoid running smb at all... I'm all mac here.. so I really only need AFP.

Is AFP access to the flash drive planned?

whiteatom

I can't find it right now, but I think I remember Lime-Tech saying something about AFP for the flash drive not being likely for some reason.  Might have had to do with permissions, etc but I can't remember or find the posting now.

I'm using SMB with Lion with no problems with 4.7 and the latest beta to access the flash share. In System Preferences->Network->Advanced->WINS set the workgroup as your server. Set the server to local master and the workgroup. I set up auto-mount NFS using Disk Utility for shares that need better performance.

Archived