Passing Through a USB Network Card in Unraid

yyu00

As the title suggests, I have virtualized an iKuai software router on UNRAID. Due to insufficient onboard network ports on the software router, I've purchased a USB network card (8153, supported by iKuai) with the intention to passthrough to the iKuai software router. The four onboard network ports can be directly passed through by going to Tools -> System Devices. However, the USB network card, being a USB device, cannot be grouped under the network card group, and the passthrough option in front of it is greyed out. In the iKuai virtual machine, the USB network card only appears as a boot option rather than a network card. I have attached a few screenshots below, seeking assistance! Thank you!

image.thumb.png.9db1bc455e6dc73c4fa67c5e5a64df8e.png

5 hours ago, yyu00 said:

As the title suggests, I have virtualized an iKuai software router on UNRAID. Due to insufficient onboard network ports on the software router, I've purchased a USB network card (8153, supported by iKuai) with the intention to passthrough to the iKuai software router. The four onboard network ports can be directly passed through by going to Tools -> System Devices. However, the USB network card, being a USB device, cannot be grouped under the network card group, and the passthrough option in front of it is greyed out. In the iKuai virtual machine, the USB network card only appears as a boot option rather than a network card. I have attached a few screenshots below, seeking assistance! Thank you!

image.thumb.png.9db1bc455e6dc73c4fa67c5e5a64df8e.png

That is what I would expect to see, the USB NIC will be passed thru as a USB device to the VM, so the VM OS would need to have the drivers for the USB nic.