Moving Drives to New Server / Tower

Hey community,

Sorry for such a basic question.

I looked through the wiki, did a couple of searches here, Googled, and even tried Bard.

Basically I'd like to know the steps on moving my current drives (cache AND storage array) to a new tower I obtained.

Currently I'm on Unraid 6.12.3

• Array of two 20TB drives - one parity, one storage
  • Cache pool of two 1TB SSDs - one 2.5, one m.2
  • Unassigned device of one 500GB SSD - used to store my home camera videos (4 cameras)

Am I able to move this to the new tower without losing my setup and data?

I'm a little nervous to lose everything so if I may, what are the steps?

Thank you for any advice!

Do you have any hardware passed through to VM's?

Does the new or old hardware have RAID controllers?

If the answer to both these questions is no, then moving all the storage drives and the flash drive to the new system should be seamless. Unraid "installs" itself into RAM on every boot, and identifies drives by serial number, so moving to a different motherboard isn't much of a deal.

1 hour ago, JonathanM said:

Do you have any hardware passed through to VM's?

Does the new or old hardware have RAID controllers?

If the answer to both these questions is no, then moving all the storage drives and the flash drive to the new system should be seamless. Unraid "installs" itself into RAM on every boot, and identifies drives by serial number, so moving to a different motherboard isn't much of a deal.

Thank you!

To answer, the only thing I can think of is I have my Intel iGPU doing transcoding for Plex and Jellyfin if that counts.

Another thing of note is I have a custom docket network for all my Plex/Radarr/Sonarr/etc stuff.

The new CPU is also an Intel with a slightly higher gen chipset and iGPU.

How does that sound?   Oh and thanks for the bit about serial number. I knew that but forgot it. Actually I was stressing about the port assignments so that's a relief. 

Edited by DevanteWeary
6 minutes ago, DevanteWeary said:

To answer, the only thing I can think of is I have my Intel iGPU doing transcoding for Plex and Jellyfin if that counts.

I don't know for sure, but I think moving from one intel iGPU to a newer one will probably just work.

The custom network may require tweaking if it references eth(X), and the new hardware doesn't have the same number of ethernet ports.